Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

No NYD football

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I used to love the struggle to get to football on NYD.

One particular fond memory was driving down to Torquay, stopping at the Arundel McDonalds to get breakfast and having to stop well before Chichester to vomit it all back up.

I note the Premier League have a full fixture list today - it doesn't seem right to have no real football focus today.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
A certain kind of irony this morning in that it's the least hungover I've ever been on NYD, and there is no footy to go to :down:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Lying in bed and watching the review of 2014 on BBC News, I can't tell you how pleased I am that we haven't got a game today.

Think I may have another snooze now. Football can sod off.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why couldn't they have played the FA Cup matches today anyway? And are there no PL games at the weekend?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'd suggest Eastbourne Borough v Whitehawk in the Conference South could be a cracking fixture today.

Eastbourne are slowly rising up the league and a win would put them in sight of the playoffs. Whitehawk sit 4th after a great run of results, but need the run to continue. 3rd to 8th is only separated by 3 points.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well, there can't be, as all Premier League teams are playing in the cup.

It's the Third Round!

Yes, but I meant the cup games instead of the PL games.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why couldn't they have played the FA Cup matches today anyway? And are there no PL games at the weekend?

Heaven forbid professional athletes playing 2 games in 72 hours....... Surprised all the premiership managers haven't been whinging.

I dread to think how Raheem Sterling is going to cope......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
From a quick glance there seems to be only one all-PL tie on Saturday. Most of them are playing on Sunday with a few on Monday.

Hmmm. So there was no real reason the cup games couldn't have happened today, then played league games on (say) Sunday. Just seems a shame, that's all.

Hope Gus Poyet can cope with games on Thursday AND Sunday, & it's not too disgusting for him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Heaven forbid professional athletes playing 2 games in 72 hours....... Surprised all the premiership managers haven't been whinging.

Well...one of them has... :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep seems odd having no game on New Year's Day.

I recall going to Notts County many moons ago feeling rather rough. God knows why we were playing them on New Years Day. Not exactly local.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Yep seems odd having no game on New Year's Day.

I recall going to Notts County many moons ago feeling rather rough. God knows why we were playing them on New Years Day. Not exactly local.

It was local for me, as I lived in Loughborough at that time.. Wasn't that the match where Garry Nelson said that the team were mostly hungover in his autobiography?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A certain kind of irony this morning in that it's the least hungover I've ever been on NYD, and there is no footy to go to :down:
Sounds like you need to start drinking.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Can't understand why the Football League have done this - all it means is there will be one extra (poorly attended) tuesday night game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here