Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hyypia possibly next manager of Finland's national team

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you reckon that's better than the League 2 or Conference job he might get here?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Perhaps his style will be better suited to the international stage.

:lolol:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Cor I said that before he left us (was hoping they would come in and pay some compo)

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bloody Hell, that's mental. Have they not looked at his 'achievements', heard him speak or watched any of his teams play?

Lovely guy I'm sure, and I wish him well. But an International manager he is not.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
So having been sacked by Bayer Leverkusen and then resigning from us following an appalling series of results, he's considered a contender to manage a national football team.

In what other profession could any us be incompetent to the point of being sacked or resigning, and yet still walk straight into another prestigious post in the same profession? :mad:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
One suspects that the pool of Finnish managers is not vast, so unless Finland want to appoint a foreign coach as they did with Roy Hodgson a few years ago, then appointing one of their best players of the past 20 years isn't that leftfield a decision. Hyypia is also more likely to be able to get his point across to players in their native tongue who presumably also respected his achievements as a player. After all, top quality Finnish footballers tend to be almost as rare as world class Australian ski jumpers.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
No its not april 1st ! Andy N is reporting that as Finland not doing well in euro qualifiers the current manager looks to be on borrowed time and sammi could well be his replacement ???

only 1 win in 4 (according to Argus) sounds miles better than hyypia!

"Finland are currently fourth in group F behind Romania, Northern Ireland and Hungary with just one win from four matches and the Faroe Islands are just a point behind them. "

Eddie On the Wing

Jul 1, 2012
So having been sacked by Bayer Leverkusen and then resigning from us following an appalling series of results, he's considered a contender to manage a national football team.

In what other profession could any us be incompetent to the point of being sacked or resigning, and yet still walk straight into another prestigious post in the same profession? :mad:

Banking (senior management only). Politics. Any other profession you can think of (senior management only)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here