Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How HUNGOVER are you?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Thought I'd lucked out last night. I went to a party while my wife looked after the kids. This morning, while the rest of the family sit happily watching television or laughing I have about a GRADE THREE hangover. Mercifully I had six hours sleep but that time seems to have just been used to turn a very nice night in to a ball of pain. I am two ibuprofen and a VERY strong cup of coffee in without any noticable difference other than that I might write to the writers of Dinosaur Train suggesting that they do one off a cliff. The same thing's happening to the telly when Dora the Feckn Explorer finds her cheery bi-lingual way on to the box in five minutes.

Calling my eyes pissholes in the snow would probably be complimentary and any minute now I will end up with a BUM like the Japanese FLAG. I am alternating between the ideas of never eating again and visiting a nearby Maccy Ds to order the whole menu washed down with two litres of Fat Coke.

Luckily I'm doing dry January so I will have 31 odd days to contemplate if I actually really will never drink again.

You?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Feeling right as rain. Just finished my cheerios and a cuppa without even a hint of nausea.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Feelin' fine - at my age I don't over do it anymore. Still had a great night with just a couple of pints. Me and the misses now off for a day out.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I've not got a hangover as I worked last night but I feel your "Dora" pain. I'm so glad my kids are past that stage now although you never forget the cut of Dora's voice or the "Swiper no swiping" thing. You have my sympathy sir.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Shortbread in bed for me right now whilst monitoring a grumbly 6 month old, no hangover to report as yet however (thankfully!).

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Not hungover at all as I didn't drink and went to bed at 11:30!

#hateNYE

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I started drinking when friends arrived around 1pm, yesterday lunchtime, which should have meant I was on the same express train to Hangoverville, arriving this morning.

As it is, I hit a tiredness wall around 10pm and limped over the midnight line dozing in my oversized Crumpler beanbag. I then went outside, annoyed the neighbours with some fireworks, before going to bed. For the first time ever my daughter, aged 12, went to bed later than me on NYE.

I awoke, without the need for child intervention, around 8:30 and feel completely fine.

Our guests have yet to surface so I can toss about on my laptop (not literally) guilt-free.

I contemplated doing the dry month thing but decided it's a stupid idea. I don't want to go to football and not drink, so I will restrict myself to 'event drinking', i.e. I'm out somewhere with people. I'll completely stop my casual supping at home for a while at least.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
On a scale of 1 to 10 I reckon I'm about a 7. So feeling quite rough.......

Went to the in-laws last night and stayed over, joined by my folks too as I have a 5 month old daughter and aS lovely to see in New Year as a United family. Nanna and Grampy spent the night downstairs with our Peanut so me and the missus could get a full nights sleep (the first in 5 months) so we hit it quite hard last night. And am now paying for it.

Sitting here thinking about it I've actually only had 5.5 hours so I'm not surprised I feel ****. Just done the alcohol count and there is a bin liner full of empty beer/cider cans, wine bottles and an empty Jaegermeister bottle which concerns me. I was on the Westons cider last night and I've personally got 8 empty bottles so I may not be driving home until later this afternoon!!!

The mother in law is in the process of cooking what seems like an epic fry up with all the trimmings (including fried bread by the looks of it) so I shall kick the missus out of her coma in a minute and its either kill or cure!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Started getting a hangover at about 10pm, so cut down the alcohol and took a couple of pain-killers. All good now.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I don't get dry January. It's a proper shit month as it is before going without booze.

My hangover is mild as family are descending upon us. I'll be playing my own version of Cluedo later where I murder the Pork in the kitchen with the blunt carving knife. A second game will swiftly follow with the victim being the sister in law. With piano wire. Very slowly. Vegetarians.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I have a clanger of a headache and might possibly throw up at any moment. I guess I just can't hack it like I used to.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I don't get dry January. It's a proper shit month as it is before going without booze.

My hangover is mild as family are descending upon us. I'll be playing my own version of Cluedo later where I murder the Pork in the kitchen with the blunt carving knife. A second game will swiftly follow with the victim being the sister in law. With piano wire. Very slowly. Vegetarians.

I did a dry January in 1991 and am still dry!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

It's hard enough for local pubs to survive especially during January without someone coming up with the idea of dry months.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
No hangover here,

But it may have something to do with being up at 5am for the last few days (thanks junior!) and being so nackered I was asleep on sofa by 9pm having not had one alcoholic drink.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Only about 4 out of 10, but had some paracetemol and just finishing breakfast, so feeling OK.
Stay off that strong coffee @ Guinness Boy when you've got a hangover. It dehydrates your brain, as does alcohol. What you want to do is rehydrate the brain, so drink water not coffee.
Happy New Year to all, and don't bother with that dry January.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
7/10...... beer, cider, champers, red wine, port......... just girding my loins for the ascent from my pit........really need food now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here