Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****** The Official January Transfer Window Thread *******

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Okay the window doesn't officially open till the 3rd but i'm unseasonally sober and bored and unable to sleep!

Any rumours or gossip or confirmed transfers, bung them on here. Or post another thread, do what you like really.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Prediction: Wolves a have no intention of buying Elliott Bennett whilst they can still keep Sako.
If Norwich receive bids for Redmond, they will want to keep him.
Albion needs EB to replace Buckley.

Summary: we have got to get a fast forward: the easiest option would be to train Macca to control the ball properly,. Not sure it is possible. ???

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We have again been linked with Rodolph Austin from Leeds.

Leeds are trying to bring in a load of Italian players which is strange as I thought they were under a transfer embargo?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Be surprised if we weren't one of many clubs taking a look at Eoin Doyle at Chesterfield.
21 goals so far this season......,.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We have again been linked with Rodolph Austin from Leeds.

Leeds are trying to bring in a load of Italian players which is strange as I thought they were under a transfer embargo?
Seems that Leeds can do this as they've handled their squad so that they have below the minimum number of 'experienced' first team players (players who made a certain number of appearances). They can bring in loan players provided there's no fee and wages are below 600k apparently. They've a load of seriaB experienced players from seriaA clubs lined up; players unlikely to settle well into our game. They're in a mess and will really struggle. Think they'll have signed 20 players after these loans and most are really poor.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
We need a holding player, someone to hold Macca and release him at the right moment, I am sure we could get speeds of 50 mph that way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
TB says we are ahead of the game re the window, so some early movement maybe?

Also said things dont normally happen until the latter part of the month so perhaps no signings soon. More likely replace some loans. My view try to buy E Bennet and Halford. Loan Bent and get Stephens fit and with the right formation and system we will be ok.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Be surprised if we weren't one of many clubs taking a look at Eoin Doyle at Chesterfield.
21 goals so far this season......,.
Another League One striker I could see someone possibly taking a punt on is Tom Bradshaw at Walsall - 12 goals in 15 league games for them this season, only 22 years of age so room for improvement.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Another League One striker I could see someone possibly taking a punt on is Tom Bradshaw at Walsall - 12 goals in 15 league games for them this season, only 22 years of age so room for improvement.

Not a bad call. Saw him play recently and he reminded me very much of Ashley Barnes when he first came to us.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Muzza, E Bennett, Halford, ACM, and job done...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would be a surprise if Forest had any interest in keeping Halford, so I guess it comes down to whether any offer we make him (and I imagine we would, on recent performances) match up to one Fulham might make, with their parachute payments & all.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We might try to lock up some of our loans, but other than 1 or maybe 2 players with links to Hughton I don't think will be many 'new' players coming in actually.

We desperately need to shift some dead weight but January is not a good time for that

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Fulham and Millwall are interested in Halford, and I guess with Forest's recent results they may feel that they need him as well.

Would be great to secure him, and I rate him above Greer in the pecking order. So the January fun begins.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would be a surprise if Forest had any interest in keeping Halford, so I guess it comes down to whether any offer we make him (and I imagine we would, on recent performances) match up to one Fulham might make, with their parachute payments & all.

Halfords January sale

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton will have is preferred targets for sure, so I hope we can get them.

Also, we need to deal with CMS and KLL being out of contract in the summer, and cash in if necessary whilst we can still get a fee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here