Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holidays abroad ....my bucket list

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
having been close to death last year I wanna fill in a couple of spaces on my bucket list, namely a holiday to India.
Checked out flights to New Delhi and can get them at £371 per person, however, they then want a further £354 in taxes, is this the norm?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Can i ask why you have chosen India and New Delhi in particular ?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Indians rob you at every chance. Take a lot of money and haggle for everything including loo roll is my advise.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Indians rob you at every chance. Take a lot of money and haggle for everything including loo roll is my advise.
Lots of places do especially outside the EU

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lots of places do especially outside the EU

I n,ointment Thailand too. Zay are robbazas too. But do with pernash. 20£ pleas. Then ok, 30p if you have money now!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Mate, if you were close to death, maybe suggest somewhere else where the odds are a bit more in your favour?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can i ask why you have chosen India and New Delhi in particular ?

I love the culture, the country fascinates me and I love Indian architecture

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Mate, if you were close to death, maybe suggest somewhere else where the odds are a bit more in your favour?

Been to Russia a few times, can't see it being any more dodgy than there

arich264

A rich *******
Went to India many times in the 90's and travelled all over the place (except Rajastan which I would still like to visit) and found it to be a magical place and one of my favourite countries on earth and believe me I have travelled quite a bit. It is certainly still a place people go to to find themselves, the Taj Mahal is a place everybody should visit. Luckily my first trip in 1991 was with Butterfield Tours (now closed) and we travelled everywhere by train and lived in a railway carriage they owned. We started in Delhi on to Aggra (Taj Mahal) up to Rishikesh where the Beatles went in their heyday back down through Lucknow, Varanasi, Nagpur (the Crewe of India), Hyderabad, Bangalore, Mysore (highly recommended), Kerala finshing in Cochin. Met a stunning Indian girl at the Taj which lead to a couple of visits to her town north of Calcutta. Played cricket with a load of guys who played for West Bengal, got roped in to do some street acting in front of something like 10,000 people and made friends everywhere. Spoke to many travellers who had never had a problem or felt threatened. Yes you will get hassled by beggars but just keep a pocket of small change and share it about, even beggars have to eat. Ended up by spending a week in Goa watching the sun set over the Arabian Sea. Go enjoy yourself you won't regret it. (Apologies for still calling places by their former names)

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
just woken up in Kerala and they certainly know how to party. 7th trip to India and an addict. flew to Nepal Turkish Airlines for a 4 week trek and home with them from Mumbai after a month in India for £550 total. southall travel get good prices. december/January good time to go as cooler except Delhi as too cold then and very foggy. ending or escaping to Goa is good advice. trains are great but booked up 2 months in advance. Think will return for a test match next time England here....

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Another big vote for India. Unlike anywhere else. If travel broadens the mind the India is the Daddy of mind broadening. Then go chill in Goa as suggested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here