Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official 'I've realised I'm past it and too old' thread

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Its only 9.20 for crying out loud! Interview with Mourinho on BT sport. Smashing.

Jul 7, 2003
Can't be arsed with NYE - just had a nice Chinese takeaway with the family and sitting down with a bottle of Kraken rum to watch some crap TV for a while before Jools Holland's Hootenanny starts. May get to bed early or more likely wake up in the early hours after nodding off on the sofa.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I'm into that Noah film with Russell Crowe right now with a bottle of Chateauneuf du Pape. In my defence though I was downstairs from 1am to 4.45am last night with one twin baby boy. I give me another 45mins...

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Think I'm one of the oldest regular posters on here...hopefully you will all reach old age after having a great life...once heard someone ask How old are you?....Ans; 74....response; I'd hate to be that age.....Ans;You'll love it when your'e 73!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I had an accidental Lemsip-fueled afternoon nap, allowing me to stay awake until at the least 1am. Just trying to find something good enough on telly to watch.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Never been a big fan of amateur night.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
2015 will be the year when I reach 60, oh dear.

When I was young, we used to wonder if we'd reach 1984 and if the world would be like the famous film. Once that was passed, i wondered if I'd reach 2000.
To be honest, life changes gradually, sometimes for the better, sometimes not.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm here with my other half, supping Bailey's, playing music and having a chilled time. Going out is too messy and costly.

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
Bloody hell! Stop it right now! You don't have to get old if you don't want to, it's all a state of mind (58 in two weeks time and in my prime). That said, I've never been much interested in NYE and so I am also one of the 'trying to find something decent to watch on TV sadoes.

I thought Jason Manford's effort was OK but the Alan Carr is tres poor. Also, really unimpressed with Jools line up tonight, too many nasal crooners, vowel manglers and whimp singers for my liking. OK, let's see if Boz Scaggs can still be Boz Scaggs but where is the Royal Blood, Drenge, Sleaford Mods or Fat White Family? This line up is like a Radio 2 ten years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here