Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peter Taylor could do a job

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Especially at the U21 age group; hasn't our coach just left? Taylor has a wealth of experience within the game!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ex Spurs but not at the same time as CH would be a good influence on young up and coming players like U18s./U21s.

Past it now as a FL No 1 so may be interested to stay in the game.

Last edited:

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Has experience at coaching young players too, as used to manager both England U-21's and u-20's. Wouldn't be a bad appointment.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Did a great job here and walked giving plenty of time for DK to find a replacement, even though DK wasted the chance.

Honourable man, I would have no problem with him coming back in some capacity. Not going to happen though.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Did a great job here and walked giving plenty of time for DK to find a replacement, even though DK wasted the chance.

Honourable man, I would have no problem with him coming back in some capacity. Not going to happen though.

Wasn't this one of the better passages of DK'S book? Knight wanted Coppell who had gone to Thailand without mobile for 3 weeks *aye* When he got back, he was interviewed straight away where Coppell had severe jet lag. During the interview Coppell fell asleep like an East stand upper season ticket holder.

Hishelwood got the job and turned down Sidwell and Kolo Toure on loan to play Wilkenson and Marney.

One day, someone will write something similar about Hyppia.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Wasn't this one of the better passages of DK'S book? Knight wanted Coppell who had gone to Thailand without mobile for 3 weeks *aye* When he got back, he was interviewed straight away where Coppell had severe jet lag. During the interview Coppell fell asleep like an East stand upper season ticket holder.

Hishelwood got the job and turned down Sidwell and Kolo Toure on loan to play Wilkenson and Marney.

Interesting times certainly.

The version I heard was that some German manager, who had managed in the World Cup, was supposed to become manager but upped his wage demands dramatically just before he was going to be announced? Hinshelwood was cajoled into taking the job with a guarantee he'd still have a job if it all went pear shaped?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting times certainly.

The version I heard was that some German manager, who had managed in the World Cup, was supposed to become manager but upped his wage demands dramatically just before he was going to be announced? Hinshelwood was cajoled into taking the job with a guarantee he'd still have a job if it all went pear shaped?

That was how I heard it press conference etc arranged but he didnt leave Gatwick so rather thanj cancel DK gave it to Hinsh.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
O

Hyppia fell asleep the day he signed his contract, he then made everyone else fall asleep and didnt wake up until the day he left.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
That was how I heard it press conference etc arranged but he didnt leave Gatwick so rather thanj cancel DK gave it to Hinsh.

Winfried Schäfer.

I remember that guy having a go at Peter Taylor behind the dugout at Withdean after we had just won the Division Two title!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Seemed like a nice guy. I remember him coming into the dressing room for the first REMF match which I think was his first day in the job.
Indeed. That was the highlight of my football career: a teamtalk from Peter Taylor! (Think he'd been manager for more than a day though?)

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
[An absolutely ridiculous thread to start 2015...this " could do a job " thing does my head in.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
[An absolutely ridiculous thread to start 2015...this " could do a job " thing does my head in.

1 Could do a job
2 Not for me
3 Someone connected to the club told me
4 Don't shoot the messenger, but
are all in the mix for the self indulgent rhetoric that is posted on here

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

Honourable man, ha ha.

Always "honoured" his contractual obligations as long as the chairman was prepared to spend spend spend.
As soon as the gold ran out, he was offskis.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Honourable man, ha ha.

Always "honoured" his contractual obligations as long as the chairman was prepared to spend spend spend.
As soon as the gold ran out, he was offskis.

Nope, he didn't like DK's budget so he walked at the end of the season. He was proved right because until Coppell twisted DK's arm to invest some money we were relegation certainties. Even then we still went down.

I'm guessing that you're one of the fans who thought Taylor just steered MA's team to the League One title?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't actually remember him saying anything other than "oh, it's you" to Insider.
I don't remember it that well either! He didn't say much except 'Go out and enjoy yourselves'. Then I think he said "And we're expecting great things from you Brovion as you're easily the best player here." (Actually I think I might have imagined that). All I DO remember is standing there thinking "Wow, it's Peter Taylor!"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wasn't this one of the better passages of DK'S book? Knight wanted Coppell who had gone to Thailand without mobile for 3 weeks *aye*
Spreading VD around, the dirty barstard.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here