Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're going to lose... AGAIN...

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Wouldn't say that Jacob Murphy was any better then the players already at Brighton - would certainly prefer Elliott Bennett out of the two.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
They both have the same parent club - if both were being sent out on loan again I'll rather it was Bennett who headed to the Amex. Not that difficult.

Indeed. But that is not the intention of this thread, more to do with the antics of the player on loan at Blackpool and going back to his parent club because of it.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It was a stupid thing to post, but he's just a thick 19 year old footballer. He's apologised, so move on from there.

The fact that Lee Clark has gone and sent him back to Norwich over this this speaks volumes about his judgement and man-management. He's scored 2 in 9 from midfield for them - Blackpool are hardly in a position to bin off players because of a minor infraction on bloody Twitter.

Clark is an utter carcrash of a manager.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As both are at Norwich I would prefer Elliott Bennett but then we took Paddy McCourt from Barnsley and I would have preferred Jacob Mellis who went to Blackpool.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
It was a stupid thing to post, but he's just a thick 19 year old footballer. He's apologised, so move on from there.

The fact that Lee Clark has gone and sent him back to Norwich over this this speaks volumes about his judgement and man-management. He's scored 2 in 9 from midfield for them - Blackpool are hardly in a position to bin off players because of a minor infraction on bloody Twitter.

Clark is an utter carcrash of a manager.

That is nonsense. You can't post whatever you want on Twitter, it isn't insignificant. How many players are going to be suspended and fined for comments on there before they start realising that what they post on there has consequences. Every action has a reaction. Having a pop at Lee Clark for ending the loan spell after his player jokingly posted they were going to lose again is the least he could have done, the most would have been to pile in and admonish him. Clark had no option in this case, I doubt the fans would have wanted him to stay on after blatantly taking the piss out of their club.

You've spun this to have a dig at Clark, plain and simple.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
That is nonsense. You can't post whatever you want on Twitter, it isn't insignificant. How many players are going to be suspended and fined for comments on there before they start realising that what they post on there has consequences. Every action has a reaction. Having a pop at Lee Clark for ending the loan spell after his player jokingly posted they were going to lose again is the least he could have done, the most would have been to pile in and admonish him. Clark had no option in this case, I doubt the fans would have wanted him to stay on after blatantly taking the piss out of their club.

Absolutely this. I can't see many of us being too impressed if this was one of our loanees. Shows a total lack of respect or even interest in the club loaning the player

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

But Easy is right.

He's a 19 year old kid who's made a stupid mistake as we all did at that age. It can't be easy for a player of any age let alone a rookie at Blackpool either at the moment, they're in a complete mess. The kid is talented and could have helped them this season, who else of any real ability is going to want to join that shambles?

Clarke has shown he has no man management skills and proven yet again what a disaster he is as a manager. The fact he has been employed by 3 different clubs shows how bonkers football really is.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

COBBLERS

Posts on Twitter are EXACTLY that - insignificant. UTTERLY insignificant. The only people who make a big deal of it are the dullards who get wound up into a frothing FRENZY by cruddy shitrags like the Daily Mail, who trawl Twitter for anything sniffing like the merest hint of controversy on there. So they can label it a "Twitter Storm" and spin a story. Its codswallop.

Clark has played to the gallery by binning him off back to Norwich. If he was any kind of manager, he'd have dealt with it internally and got on with trying to keep that hopeless mob in the division.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely this. I can't see many of us being too impressed if this was one of our loanees. Shows a total lack of respect or even interest in the club loaning the player

No, I wouldn't be impressed or pleased with him either. But I'd accept the fact he's young and stupid. I'd accept the apology. And I'd hope the manager would...ya know...MANAGE it. Rather than washing his hands of a player who could actually help them in their dire situation.

Absolutely ridiculous decision to send him back over a silly tweet. Seriously, absolutely ridiculous.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Maybe the twitter feed was just a smoke screen and there's more to it? I didn't have Clark down as an idiot to be honest. Always thought he was decent despite being a Geordie.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It wasn't on twitter, it was a snapchat which is totally different... But do carry on :lol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lets just call it "social media" then. Not totally different, all part of the same thing. And something that footballers should probably be BANNED from ever using. If I owned a football club its the first thing I'd install in a players contract. No Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram or Grinder.

Not worth the bother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here