Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Darts : when was the last ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
When was the last time a non-fatty won it ?
I,ve tried on bet365 to put some money on a skinny or medium built chap but can't find the bet.

I,m talking small breasted men here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I,ve tried on bet365 to put some money on a skinny or medium built chap but can't find the bet.

I think Keith Deller was the last skinny to do well, however, when he started out in Darts he used to drink semi skimmed milk but has porked up since moving through to full fat to having the occasional Jersey.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
MVG and Wade have both won majors whilst being thin. But... Both have proper beer bellies now.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think Keith Deller was the last skinny to do well, however, when he started out in Darts he used to drink semi skimmed milk but has porked up since moving through to full fat to having the occasional Jersey.

He is porcine like ,yes.
I think PDC stands for The Porky Doughnut Club.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
MVG and Wade have both won majors whilst being thin. But... Both have proper beer bellies now.

So it's the actual playing of darts that makes you fat. Interesting. I,m sticking to the odd game of pool then.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
So it's the actual playing of darts that makes you fat. Interesting. I,m sticking to the odd game of pool then.

They wouldn't be so fat if they threw the darts overarm at a dartboard 20 yards away and had to walk back and forward to get the arrer's back.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
They wouldn't be so fat if they threw the darts overarm at a dartboard 20 yards away and had to walk back and forward to get the arrer's back.

What like that Nordic skiing where they ski for a few miles and then shoot a gun at a target. I think you're onto something here Veg.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What like that Nordic skiing where they ski for a few miles and then shoot a gun at a target. I think you're onto something here Veg.

Trouble is, it would make it a bit awkward to play in the pub and it could be hazardous for onlookers if played in the beer garden.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Trouble is, it would make it a bit awkward to play in the pub and it could be hazardous for onlookers if played in the beer garden.

Make it a sport/ pursuit to keep fit. They roller skate around an oval rink throwing 9 darts at specifically placed boards.
Pubs are for drinking beer.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The BDO have had a few - Klaasen was a mere slip of a lad when he won it, Dennis Priestley wasn't fat and the great Eric Bristow was reasonably slim for much of his time at the top. But it stands to reason - the better you are the more time you have to spend in hotels rather than at home, so the more junk you eat, so the bigger you get.

Ironically, the more some of these lads put on the fitter the birds they pull. James Wade chunked up and is now biffing one of the walk-on dollies.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Put some money on Gary Anderson then - he's not porky.

I think the reason over the years is players go to the pub to practice - you'd be amazed at what part alcohol plays for players to play their best games too. Some have to reach exacty the right level of pissed to play their best.

There are a number of smaller players on the tour but unless you really follow darts you'll struggle to name most of them...

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Put some money on Gary Anderson then - he's not porky.

I think the reason over the years is players go to the pub to practice - you'd be amazed at what part alcohol plays for players to play their best games too. Some have to reach exacty the right level of pissed to play their best.

There are a number of smaller players on the tour but unless you really follow darts you'll struggle to name most of them...

Big Bill Weibenuik (sp) told the inland revenue that beer was tax deductible because he could only play when he had had his fair quota. Apparently he could drink nigh on 30 pints in a day. Snooker I know but same difference I suppose.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Make it a sport/ pursuit to keep fit. They roller skate around an oval rink throwing 9 darts at specifically placed boards.
Pubs are for drinking beer.

You may have something there yourself. but, forget the boards, just target the hoodies that hang about at the skateparks. Moving targets, albeit slow, would be more fun plus its good for the economy to keep the dead wood down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Big Bill Weibenuik (sp) told the inland revenue that beer was tax deductible because he could only play when he had had his fair quota. Apparently he could drink nigh on 30 pints in a day. Snooker I know but same difference I suppose.

He did have a medical condition which caused his hands to shake (like Ozzy Osbourne) and drinking booze stopped the shaking.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You may have something there yourself. but, forget the boards, just target the hoodies that hang about at the skateparks. Moving targets, albeit slow, would be more fun plus its good for the economy to keep the dead wood down.

You need to take this a bit more seriously if you want this sport included in the 2020 Olympics.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here