Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-311214-l229-2175293_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton with Nathan Jones.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
12:27 31st December 2014
by James Hilsum
As soon as I knew there was an opportunity to come here it was one that very much excited me."
Chris Hughton

Chris Hughton spoke of his delight at being appointed as the new Brighton & Hove Albion manager and believes that everything is in place for him to drive the club forward in the years to come.Hughton was unveiled as Albion’s new manager on a three-and-a-half year deal in a press conference held at the American Express Elite Football Performance Centre this morning and has been very impressed by the set up already in place at the club.
He said, “As soon as I knew there was an opportunity to come here it was one that very much excited me. The infrastructure and where this club wants to be in the future and was an important factor.
“You only have to look at the brand new training facility and stadium that’s here to see the club’s ambition.
“Over the past few years they have fared very well in the division and been very close to realising their ambitions in the last couple of seasons.
“For whatever reason this season has not gone so well, but one of the key factors in me deciding to join the club was the ambition and the calibre of staff here already.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The former Newcastle, Norwich and Birmingham boss is already very familiar with the current Albion squad and thanked interim manager Nathan Jones for his work with the team in the last couple of games.“I know the squad quite well and I’ve come across some of the players over the previous few seasons. I’m also familiar with the structure and some of the staff here at the club, so I hope that it’s not going to take me too long to settle and in and during this short period of time I’ve been made to feel very welcome.
“Nathan Jones will very much be part of my first-team coaching staff and he has done a fantastic job here. I’m particularly grateful for the last two results and as somebody from the outside with a keen interest looking in, I was hoping that the last two results would fare well and he’s done very well.
“I have a lot of respect for him as an individual and also as a coach, so I’m delighted to have him on board. I’m taking a role at a really important time of the season just before January so you want to be able to hit the ground running as soon as possible.
“If I look at our position in the league, it’s to try and get some stability in the results, move us into a more comfortable position and then progress from there.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here