Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan to Gillingham?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Not beyond the realms of possibility!

He left Charlton academy to take number 2 job here, he's obviously ambitious and a number 1 job would I guess be his ultimate aim and who could blame him. His done himself no harm with his results, conduct and passion. Whatever he does good luck to him, He's an asset

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very much hope not. I know it's incredibly early in Hughton's reign but I like to think of Jones as being a kind of heir apparent.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Barber said after the Fulham game that NJ was in the running for the job.
24 hrs later Hughton is appointed.
Shows how little respect the board have for NJ.
The last week has changed everything for NJ...if NJ gets the chance he could take Rusk with him.
Hughton will not stop him going as he will fill positions with people that are no threat to him...

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Barber said after the Fulham game that NJ was in the running for the job.
24 hrs later Hughton is appointed.
Shows how little respect the board have for NJ.
The last week has changed everything for NJ...if NJ gets the chance he could take Rusk with him.
Hughton will not stop him going as he will fill positions with people that are no threat to him...

Chris Kamara tweeted that Hughton told him he'd got the job on Sunday and he'd (Kammy) struggled to keep quiet about it.

Wonder if NJ knew Hughton would be appointed before the Fulham game? Or is that being optimistic about the board's communication capabilities?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder if Sami will apply for the vacant position at Pissfield ?

el punal

Very much hope not. I know it's incredibly early in Hughton's reign but I like to think of Jones as being a kind of heir apparent.

Absolutely. It could be to the club's advantage to retain Nathan's services for this very purpose. Maybe, without being too emotional about, getting Calde into the coaching team so that the club have a "production line" for potential LOYAL managers for the future. Think Liverpool boot room success of the 1970/80s with Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I can't see Nathan staying for that much longer. There are a lot of lower league managers who had less experience than him.

Well he won't go to the Gills if he has any sense, his management career will be over as quick as Nicky Forster's

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Absolutely. It could be to the club's advantage to retain Nathan's services for this very purpose. Maybe, without being too emotional about, getting Calde into the coaching team so that the club have a "production line" for potential LOYAL managers for the future. Think Liverpool boot room success of the 1970/80s with Shankly, Paisley, Fagan and Dalglish.

The cynics on here would call them 'yes men' :lol: but I agree with you totally.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
More like Millen at Palace - forever the bridesmaid, which won't keep his ambitions sated.

Forever the bridesmaid? hang on, this is only his second season as a number two in the Championship! He is certainly ambitious though, and given time, l can see him doing well as a manager somewhere. Still very much serving his apprenticeship though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here