Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Yes, a sensible choice in my opinion.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
I'm happy with the appointment been asking for someone who is experienced and has knowledge of the championship so lets see what he can do.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Yes - experienced at this level and higher . Intelligent and a good communicator. What's not to like - here is for a more positive second half of the season with a nice relaxed mid table finish.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Simply put, yes.

For a more long-winded explanation: I feel he is a better manager than he is given credit for and for a change has decent experience of this division. In our current predicament, I feel this will be vital in picking up the points needed to stay up. Okay so the football won't be as pretty as it has been at times under the recent managers we've had but the Albion will only play their best football when they've got some confidence back and before that can happen, we need to get some more wins under our belts. Is he the man to eventually win us promotion? Well detractors will point to the strength of his Newcastle side that he inherited which really shouldn't have got relegated in the first place but managers do not go unbeaten at home all season and storm the division simply through good fortune. He's certainly got something, whatever that may be.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not really but I can't see how they could have got anyone better. I think the damage was done when they went for Hypia and now their hand has been forced.

Good enough to keep us up, not sure about taking us up

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Buzzing

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Ok - I will be the first - I am totally underwhelmed
i am underwhelmed too but given our position and subsequent relative attractiveness to managers, I have voted yes as I think he will save us from relegation. anything more than that and I am not so sure but hey ho.....after sammi, anything is better tbh.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Simply put, yes.

For a more long-winded explanation: I feel he is a better manager than he is given credit for and for a change has decent experience of this division. In our current predicament, I feel this will be vital in picking up the points needed to stay up. Okay so the football won't be as pretty as it has been at times under the recent managers we've had but the Albion will only play their best football when they've got some confidence back and before that can happen, we need to get some more wins under our belts. Is he the man to eventually win us promotion? Well detractors will point to the strength of his Newcastle side that he inherited which really shouldn't have got relegated in the first place but managers do not go unbeaten at home all season and storm the division simply through good fortune. He's certainly got something, whatever that may be.

Are you me? ??? Couldn't have explained my feelings better myself. Very well said!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here