Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andy Naylor

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
I have just listened to Mr A Naylor being interviewed on TalkSport. He was so bad - I am lost for words. For example he was asked about transfer window and which areas we need to strengthen in and all he could say was 'all over the place' - he was totally incapable of an intelligent response. Not surprised but wasn't expecting his interview to be quite so dire.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I have just listened to Mr A Naylor being interviewed on TalkSport. He was so bad - I am lost for words. For example he was asked about transfer window and which areas we need to strengthen in and all he could say was 'all over the place' - he was totally incapable of an intelligent response. Not surprised but wasn't expecting his interview to be quite so dire.

Needs to work on his radio voice. Monotone is not even the word. To be fair he made a good point about us needing leadership in what I think he was implying is midfield. I agree though he wasn't great and it smacked of wanting to be the big I am and break the story exclusively. Having said all that, that is the business of journalism!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Tell you what Mr Phonetic Alphabet, find the man with the mike outside the ground on Saturday and be interviewed and then we can compare. Criticise his writing as much as you like but its a bit unfair to criticise somebody who is doing something that may be way outside their comfort zone.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Tell you what Mr Phonetic Alphabet, find the man with the mike outside the ground on Saturday and be interviewed and then we can compare. Criticise his writing as much as you like but its a bit unfair to criticise somebody who is doing something that may be way outside their comfort zone.

Exactly. I love Julie Birchill's writing. When she opens her gob though! No thanks.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To be fair he has had the story pretty spot on since Hyypia went in terms of the candidates and how it was going. Including Hughton being the hot favourite.

But radio - like TV punditry and commentary - is something you can work on and get better. It isn't easy to be brilliant without any work, and I don't think he has done that much of it. But the Argus have obviously started doing these video clips with him so he has the chance to get better.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Wow - chill out. I think he's got a point.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

That was me at the Reading game - I reckon I was pretty interesting!

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I sense the club have started to build bridges with him and may have been feeding him info. I think the club realise that he can be influential when it comes to spreading negative vibes and realise that it is better to have him onside and spreading more positive things

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield

This.

Some will find any excuse to put the boot in to Naylor.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada

Well said.
I would be totally uncomfortable on TV/Radio and would hate to think of what I would sound like.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
and as if by magic one appears on twitter......

http://t.co/JRVGvIM5QA

Yeah I just watched that, I thought I had a problem with my laptop sound since I could hardly hear him. Nothing wrong with what he is saying but his video presentation was pants. It seemed like his wife was asleep in the next room and he didn't want to wake her up! Lets just say he is ideally suited to reporting in print, but video is not his bag!

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
So okay, Andy is not very comfortable with audio or video and I am sure the quality of his delivery and to a certain extent the content too is partly attributable to nerves. My point being that as chief sports reporter for the argus I would have expected a bit more quality in the content of his responses - that is all

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
So okay, Andy is not very comfortable with audio or video and I am sure the quality of his delivery and to a certain extent the content too is partly attributable to nerves. My point being that as chief sports reporter for the argus I would have expected a bit more quality in the content of his responses - that is all

Eh? How long have you been chief sports reporter for the Argus? Have they sacked Naylor already?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here