Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thanks Nathan

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
With all the fuss regarding Chris Hughton which will come today I just wanted to thank Nathan for the last week. He has reinforced why we love our Club so much even at times when we don't like them. I really hope he fits in well to the new structure and never expierences the rubbish personal comments on here again.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Spot on, Nathan Jones may well have saved our season over the last 2 games.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
With apologies for cut and pasting my comment on another thread, but this is a better spot for it...

I wonder how long Nathan will stick around. He's had a taster of the #1 job and is widely regarded as having made a success of the two games. He's said himself that's he's ambitious. He's gonna want a #1 job at some point, isn't he? It wouldn't surprise me at all if he went for a L1/L2 manager's job at some point in the next year. Ironically, I think him leaving is more likely if Hughton is successful with us than if he is unsuccessful, since that will make it more likely that Hughton stays for a decent length of time. Sincere thanks, Nathan, for the two games you were in charge - you inherited a team 3 points short of safety and passed on a team that is currently safe. That's a result.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I can see Nathan going to Yeovil and they are in the Premiership in two years! Hope he stays and is the next Manager.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
NJ has proved he can do the job and on Tuesday said he was ready for it.
He is clearly a threat to CH who will marginalise him......NJ may stay to see if CH bore's us to death....or will be poached/leave to a L1 Team.
Thanks and good luck NJ.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
In 135 playing minutes he gave us back our pride; in the few short days since Hyypia left he spoke with a passion for the club and its supporters that shamed the dead-eyed suits above him.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I have a funny feeling Nathan will end up better loved by the fans than Hughton. The man took the same rag tag bunch of players as Sami and got them playing as a team seemingly overnight. Nathan will have moved up massively in the estimation of the fans and there should be no more questioning what he does. Thanks Nathan.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
A draw and a win (having been part of a management team that had royally f***ed it up over the previous four months) and suddenly he's a genius. I love football...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
A huge thank-you to you Nathan. The change in the side from what we saw under Sami was nothing short of miraculous.

I very much hope he stays and eventually gets the post. Anyone know what role he will be taking in the new set up?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A huge thank-you to you Nathan. The change in the side from what we saw under Sami was nothing short of miraculous.

I very much hope he stays and eventually gets the post. Anyone know what role he will be taking in the new set up?

You would imagine first team coach with maybe Gomez going to the DS as boss.
Can see him being on some league 1 or 2 teams lists for their job though, which would be a shame.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

I would like to see him manage the Development squad. It might seem like a backwards step, but we need quality youngsters coming through, and he won a division with Charlton two years ago. Our DS is now in the Premier DS division, so it will be a more difficult job, but he's already proved to be an astute tactician.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I would like to see him manage the Development squad. It might seem like a backwards step, but we need quality youngsters coming through, and he won a division with Charlton two years ago. Our DS is now in the Premier DS division, so it will be a more difficult job, but he's already proved to be an astute tactician.

This. It would be good to see him step into Simon Ireland's* role. A respected figure and a good coach to boot should be a real positive influence on the youngsters.

*Never realised this but upon checking that he had left the club I found Ireland was part of the Donny side we beat in the Goldstone's last game. Small world.

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
With all the fuss regarding Chris Hughton which will come today I just wanted to thank Nathan for the last week. He has reinforced why we love our Club so much even at times when we don't like them. I really hope he fits in well to the new structure and never expierences the rubbish personal comments on here again.

Just a pity you've had to experience a load of rubbish comments yourself for simply spelling Nathan 'Nathen'. You'd think this lot were perfect the way the spelling police go on. Good post by the way.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here