Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds in freefall.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
They were awful tonight and remind me of Pompey in the direction they are going.
Great fan base.
Idiots have run the club for ten years or more.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Real shame that :lolol:

They have a big fan base I will give you that, there attendances do fluctuate massively though... I have a certain amount of sympathy that they got rid of the bloodsucker Ken Bates and then that crazy Italian nut job took over - but as fans the majority of them have a 'where we belong mentality' and seem to think they have some divine right to be in the top division.

Where did the astoundingly ridiculous 11M they got for McCormack go? They've sold a few players for a lot of money in recent years and not exactly invested a lot transfer fee wise.

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
Real shame that :lolol:

They have a big fan base I will give you that, there attendances do fluctuate massively though... I have a certain amount of sympathy that they got rid of the bloodsucker Ken Bates and then that crazy Italian nut job took over - but as fans the majority of them have a 'where we belong mentality' and seem to think they have some divine right to be in the top division.

Where did the astoundingly ridiculous 11M they got for McCormack go? They've sold a few players for a lot of money in recent years and not exactly invested a lot transfer fee wise.

The £11m for McCormack was no more ridiculous than the money we got for Ulloa.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
They were good under Revie,and Wilkinson did a great job to win the title,but they under achieved in Europe at their best compared to Liverpool and Man United who were their main rivals in those days.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I dont even know who their manager is now :shrug:

........is it someone from the Eastern Bloc?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I have a certain amount of sympathy that they got rid of the bloodsucker Ken Bates and then that crazy Italian nut job took over

To be fair Bates did come in and save the club when nobody else seemed interested and Leeds were on their knees. I agree he did seem a stubborn, miserable old fecker in the last couple of years he was there but not sure his motives were to bleed the club dry, I think there was a fair bit going on behind the scenes.

Still an arrogant tosser though..

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
To be fair Bates did come in and save the club when nobody else seemed interested and Leeds were on their knees. I agree he did seem a stubborn, miserable old fecker in the last couple of years he was there but not sure his motives were to bleed the club dry, I think there was a fair bit going on behind the scenes.

Still an arrogant tosser though..

If Tom Bower's 'Broken Dreams' gives an accurate record of how Bates made his money in the first place, I would always have the utmost suspicion of his motives for being involved in any business, football or otherwise.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
They were good under Revie,and Wilkinson did a great job to win the title,but they under achieved in Europe at their best compared to Liverpool and Man United who were their main rivals in those days.

Hardly under-achieved in Europe in the 60s and 70s, although maybe didn't quite scale the heights. Inter-Cities Fairs Cup winners (younger readers, ask your grandparents) twice, Cup Winners Cup Runners-up, European Cup runners-up.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
And stuffed by the transfer embargo meaning they can't replace the shite they've already got!

Not entirely convinced that Wigan are going to get out of it either. Mackay and Whelan appear to be a match made in hell and he's struggling to get a tune out of some half decent players. Leaving Maloney on the bench until the 83rd minute when you're losing at home to Wednesday :)lol:) doesn't look like he's got much of a clue.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Always a shame to see a self-appointed 'massive' club start to go wrong, definitely not slightly funny, nope...

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I had a look at their fans forum yesterday and they are talking about major players coming in supposedly on loan.is this allowed with FFP? Should it be allowed?

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
And stuffed by the transfer embargo meaning they can't replace the shite they've already got!

Not entirely convinced that Wigan are going to get out of it either. Mackay and Whelan appear to be a match made in hell and he's struggling to get a tune out of some half decent players. Leaving Maloney on the bench until the 83rd minute when you're losing at home to Wednesday :)lol:) doesn't look like he's got much of a clue.

Never understood the admiration for Malky. His stint at Watford speaks more about his abilities than the bought success at Cardif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here