Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do good things come to those that wait?

BHAFC_Songs

Apr 5, 2013
Brighton
Whilst Mr Bloom has bided his time in finding the right successor to Sami Hyypia, Palace have sacked Warnock, West Brom sack Irvine, Pardew looks to be Selhurst bound, the Newcastle job then becomes available, McLaren is linked with Newcastle, the Derby job then becomes available and then there is FFP acute Brighton & Hove Albion.

Not a good enough proposition for league one coach; Karl Robinson, so why would the likes of Pulis, Hughton, Sherwood consider the role, with all these other opportuinties presenting themselves?
What did Reading do? Sack Adkins long before Brighton even considered the balls to do the same and then appoint Steve Clarke the following day.

Given the perilous position that we find ourselves in, why after eight days since Sami's resignation are we still mangerless?

Ocsar Garcia was criticised for not having a plan B, well Mr Bloom/Barber, did you have one?!

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Amazingly since being managerless the results are better, what does that tell you ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Whilst Mr Bloom has bided his time in finding the right successor to Sami Hyypia, Palace have sacked Warnock, West Brom sack Irvine, Pardew looks to be Selhurst bound, the Newcastle job then becomes available, McLaren is linked with Newcastle, the Derby job then becomes available and then there is FFP acute Brighton & Hove Albion.

Not a good enough proposition for league one coach; Karl Robinson, so why would the likes of Pulis, Houghton, Sherwood consider the role, with all these other opportuinties presenting themselves?
What did Reading do? Sack Adkins long before Brighton even considered the balls to do the same and then appoint Steve Clarke the following day.

Given the perilous position that we find ourselves in, why after eight days since Sami's resignation are we still mangerless?

Ocsar Garcia was criticised for not having a plan B, well Mr Bloom/Barber, did you have one?!

Houghton has already virtually been crowned as our new manager, so he obviously has considered the role.

I think Hyypia caught the board (who had their heads in the sand and fingers in their ears) well off guard with his resignation, hence the rapid rush back from Australia of Bloom and the repeat of the summer 'due diligence' tests on available managers.

BHAFC_Songs

Apr 5, 2013
Brighton
Amazingly since being managerless the results are better, what does that tell you ?

That Sami wasn't the right man and should have gone after the Fulham home defeat?
Jones has done a great job since, he cares, is a motivator, but lets be honest... is he the right man now?

I agree he should/could have been given a 'caretaker' chance then (29th Nov) much like Garry Monk at Swansea, but given our position now, we have to get the next appointment right first time, which for me leaves Hughton.
Pulis wont come now

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
No, no they don't. This is football. You either pay shedloads, or work your arses off...waiting leaves you in the station with your knickers down...let's hope they aren't down for long...

BHAFC_Songs

Apr 5, 2013
Brighton
I'm surprised Uwe Rosler didn't get more of a mention. Look at what Poyet got from the team, Garcia to a certain degree and Jones over the two fixtures he has been in charge.
I'd like to think Rosler would get something out of them and he was desperate for it!
Never seen him so much in the media and on the tele, including this evening!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Not a good enough proposition for league one coach; Karl Robinson, so why would the likes of Pulis, Hughton, Sherwood consider the role, with all these other opportuinties presenting themselves?

So Sami resigned on the 22nd December, and 2 days later Hughton, the best manager available to us, had a 4 hour interview with us, and within a week he's been appointed. Looks like pretty good work from the club to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here