Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Our Fans Deserved That Performance And Result'.... Fulham Away Log (With Videos)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could watch that second goal over and over. A thing of beauty :drool:

And it was right in front of us. There are always anxious moments when 1-0 up and that goal, as well as being a thing of beauty, was a wonderful relief.

Despite frozen shoulder and aching back, I jumped around like it was... 1999. There may have been a few creaky limbs the following morning. Tales of hurt backs and sore feet will doubtless abound in my part of the ESU next home match ! Still it was worth it. Wonderful atmosphere.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Superb write up on the best away game since Peterborough (imho)

I didn't see the win in 2010, but I do remember the 1986 FA Cup fifth round tie. The away end was rocking that day. They had no choice. Without a shadow of doubt it was the coldest I have ever been at an Albion match.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
And it was right in front of us. There are always anxious moments when 1-0 up and that goal, as well as being a thing of beauty, was a wonderful relief.

Despite frozen shoulder and aching back, I jumped around like it was... 1999. There may have been a few creaky limbs the following morning. Tales of hurt backs and sore feet will doubtless abound in my part of the ESU next home match ! Still it was worth it. Wonderful atmosphere.

My back hurts and I have bruises on my legs, and I'm only 21!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I didn't see the win in 2010, but I do remember the 1986 FA Cup fifth round tie. The away end was rocking that day. They had no choice. Without a shadow of doubt it was the coldest I have ever been at an Albion match.
Having missed the heroics of Robbie Reinelt and Paul McShane, Monday night is my best Albion away day since Peterborough in the snow nearly 29 years ago...

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Superb write up on the best away game since Peterborough (imho)

Our football that day was just sublime. A bit different to our current position. If Hughton can get us to play anyway near to that level (albeit it was League One), I'll be very happy.
I seem to remember we played Charlton (away) off the park during that mini run too.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

You've never been to Oldham or Stoke for a winter evening game then? Monday night doesn't compare!

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You've never been to Oldham or Stoke for a winter evening game then? Monday night doesn't compare!

Oh, Monday night was tropical compared to such fixtures. I've been to Oldham for a good kicking from the locals, but only to Port vale in the Potteries (Ironically one of my most visited grounds-an excellent pub crawl).

I was in the seats at the 86' match in Peterborough. When they went 2-1 up, via that unkind bounce from a lump of ice, I remember just wanting to go home. Not because of the result at that moment, but because I was so cold that I was almost in tears. How I wished I had stood and not sat at that game.

It's quite probable that you may have been at that game, but if not, I'm sure [MENTION=144]goldstonerapper[/MENTION] has the TV highlights. Nowadays the match would never have seen the starting whistle.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
My coldest was a Withdean cycled to the game it started out a nice day and dressed as such by the time I reached the ground it was clouding over it then rained and then snowed I was soaked sweaty cold so cold I got on my bike and just fell off so cold I can remember thinking thought I was never going to make it Home

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
My coldest was a Withdean cycled to the game it started out a nice day and dressed as such by the time I reached the ground it was clouding over it then rained and then snowed I was soaked sweaty cold so cold I got on my bike and just fell off so cold I can remember thinking thought I was never going to make it Home

Lightweight :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here