march-ll229-2173901_478x359.jpg

Solly March celebrates sealing the win at Craven Cottage
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:57 30th December 2014
by Adam Tighe
What a night it was though and we needed that win really badly"
Solly March

Brighton & Hove Albion winger Solly March confessed that the cold conditions at Craven Cottage had affected his feet before coming off the bench to seal all three points against Fulham.March replaced Craig Mackail-Smith on 74 minutes against the Londoners and his late strike, added to Adrian Colunga's earlier penalty, guaranteed the Seagulls a first away win since August.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I couldn’t even feel my feet to be honest I was that cold! I was waiting on the bench for over an hour but I got a good first touch and it was great to see it go in.
“The goal came from a counter attack, which is rare for us, but we countered well; Joao [Teixeira] slipped it through and I just hit it across the goal.
“What a night it was though and we needed that win really badly. Thankfully we got it and I am delighted to get my first league goal.
“The players’ reaction was relief more than anything because it put us two goals clear. I don’t think we have been in that position for a long time, so finally we knew we had the cushion to get the win.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 20-year-old is now looking to kick-start his season after a lengthy injury lay-off and says the side are determined to start 2015 in the same way they ended 2014.He added, “The injury was very frustrating. I was out for about four months and it was hard to get back.
“I am still not at my full match fitness but hopefully I can push on in the second half of the season and get more goals.
“Everyone is delighted; the dressing room is much better than it has been and it was good to end the year on a high and hopefully we can start the next one on a high as well.
“Mentally it will be good for us to be out the bottom three and now we can start to push on and get more wins more often.”
[h=3]ALBION V brentford
[/h]saturday 17th january, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ipswich
[/h]SATURDAY 24TH JANUARY, kick-off 3pm

[h=3]Albion v nottingham forest
[/h]SATURDAY 7TH februARY, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here