Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Recording online radio

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Anyone know a decent free Windows desktop app (or web app) that allows you to record and download streaming radio?

Dar.fm is excellent but free storage is limited and you can't download unless you subscribe.

Tried StationRipper but it seemed very complicated and I couldn't get recorded file to play.

Radiocatch tried to install a dodgy exe file so I decided not to proceed.

Streamwriter didn't have the radio station I wanted and seemed unable to find it.

Any others - can you use soundcloud, last fm?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Audacity perhaps?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I used Audacity on my Vista laptop. It stopped/started during gaps and allowed tracks to be edited. Handy when recording an album. Had trouble with it on windows 8 so using windows recorder but not as good.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Audials.
http://audials.com/en/start/
It's not free, Costs aboout £40 but you can use it with Spotify and record streaming video like Netflix etc! In spotify it also automatically names the tracks for you.
Brilliant! Also works with BBC iPlayer but don't tell auntie Beeb.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thanks all - Audacity doesn't seem to work with my puter (something to do with my recording device settings). Discovered Freecorder, which is very simple and does the job well enough (automatically downloads streams as MP3s), although you can't schedule recordings.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Tunein Radio App on IOS allows you to record radio shows to play back later, there could be a way of accessing the files.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here