Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calderon

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No surprise to me that our three match unbeaten run started when he was recalled to the side at Wolves.

He isn't the best right back and he does get roasted two or three times a match but I'm sure his presence in the team gives everyone else a lift with his energy levels and desire to win.

I am sure Jones or whoever will be tempted to bring Bruno back in for him but I think at the moment that would be a mistake.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bringing Bruno back for the next game would be a mistake, as he's suspended, but he's a better player, as much as you can't help but love Calde and recognise his commitment and attitude.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Bringing Bruno back for the next game would be a mistake, as he's suspended, but he's a better player, as much as you can't help but love Calde and recognise his commitment and attitude.

I agree that Bruno is technically superior to Calde. But I don't agree that he should be picked ahead of him, at right back, ever. Calde is much more effective in that position, and is never one fancy-dan mistake away from gifting the opposition a goal.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Bruno every time for me, comfortably better, but there must be a spot for Calderon whether its pushing Bruno on (as per Wolves) or even Calderon playing as defensive midfielder.

Last night he was immense......

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I agree that Bruno is technically superior to Calde. But I don't agree that he should be picked ahead of him, at right back, ever. Calde is much more effective in that position, and is never one fancy-dan mistake away from gifting the opposition a goal.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one. And despite our vulnerability from wide areas this season, I can't remember Bruno being susceptible for too many of the plethora of goals we've conceded this season, which would suggest that there haven't been too many fancy-dan mistakes (I'm excepting Watford away, where he made two mistakes in the build-up to their free kick goal where Ince bottled it).

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I would imagine Bruno would come back in for the cup game. We can't expect either player to play every game during the festive period. I'm happy with either. Calderon deserves to retain his place in the league fixtures at present.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Everyone has a pop at Bruno's defending but I am struggling to think of the last time an error of his cost us a goal....

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Everyone has a pop at Bruno's defending but I am struggling to think of the last time an error of his cost us a goal....

His mistake as such is not being where he should be. Normally he's ambling back as the ball goes in.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Calde gives you maximum effort and his commitment to the club is second to none. However, on the field, the gets roasted as many have said, rarely blocks a cross, rarely delivers a cross let alone an accurate one, he's a freekick, booking and penalty waiting to happen. Yet he seems to still put a performance in despite these faults.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Nice to know I'm not the only one to see this. Yes it's great watching him bombing forward but theres at least one potential goal costing mistake every week

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Calde gives you maximum effort and his commitment to the club is second to none. However, on the field, the gets roasted as many have said, rarely blocks a cross, rarely delivers a cross let alone an accurate one, he's a freekick, booking and penalty waiting to happen. Yet he seems to still put a performance in despite these faults.

Scored far far more goals something like 16 to Bruno's 3 and assists far outweigh Bruno. Also won more games with him playing but don't let those FACTS get in the way of a good post. also has less bookings and sending off's.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Nice to know I'm not the only one to see this. Yes it's great watching him bombing forward but theres at least one potential goal costing mistake every week

Bruno bombing forward normally has very little end product other than our right back being in the wrong place.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Scored far far more goals something like 16 to Bruno's 3 and assists far outweigh Bruno. Also won more games with him playing but don't let those FACTS get in the way of a good post. also has less bookings and sending off's.

Bruno has some of those same faults as Calde, but his delivery, dibbling and passing accuracy is better imo. Glad you thought it was a good post though. Cheers.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Bruno has some of those same faults as Calde, but his delivery, dibbling and passing accuracy is better imo. Glad you thought it was a good post though. Cheers.

But the stats especially delivery (assists) and scoring are so much better for Calderon it is no contest therefore Bruno's can't be better.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
But the stats especially delivery (assists) and scoring are so much better for Calderon it is no contest therefore Bruno's can't be better.

Calde does score a few more but on assists ill have to take your word for it, although the only way to find out is to compare actual match percentages and stats per game. Due to Calde making more appearances than Bruno. I can only go by what I see when they are playing, for me the opposition are more worried about Bruno's overlapping and delivery than Calde. Although as I said, Calde does bring something to the team and seems to be enjoying being captain until Greer returns.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Calde does score a few more but on assists ill have to take your word for it, although the only way to find out is to compare actual match percentages and stats per game. Due to Calde making more appearances than Bruno. I can only go by what I see when they are playing, for me the opposition are more worried about Bruno's overlapping and delivery than Calde. Although as I said, Calde does bring something to the team and seems to be enjoying being captain until Greer returns.

Calderon has played double that of Bruno but scored 4 times the amount 16 goals to Bruno 4, that's a bit more than a few.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here