Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What loan players are going back?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like we may be left with just the season long loans (Tex and J Bennett), plus maybe Halford.

Bent and Gardner already recalled by Villa, and E Bennett rumoured to be heading to Wolves.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Looks like we may be left with just the season long loans (Tex and J Bennett), plus maybe Halford.

Bent and Gardner already recalled by Villa, and E Bennett rumoured to be heading to Wolves.

Shame about Gary Gardner if true, l like him, (although l realise that plenty don't). Halford has surprised me, he seems far more capable than l first thought, so l hope that we will at least be able to hold on to him for the remainder of the season.

The others though, if we lose them it won't be a major loss.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Season-long loans: Joe Bennett, Teixiera
Loans until the end of 2014: Elliott Bennett, Greg Halford, Darren Bent, Gary Gardner

The interesting thing about this is Nathan said last night that Bent and Gardner were returning to Villa, but said nothing about Elliott B and Halford. Is there anything in this?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Season-long loans: Joe Bennett, Teixiera
Loans until the end of 2014: Elliott Bennett, Greg Halford, Darren Bent, Gary Gardner

The interesting thing about this is Nathan said last night that Bent and Gardner were returning to Villa, but said nothing about Elliott B and Halford. Is there anything in this?

Here's hoping. I would keep both given the option.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Shame about Gary Gardner if true, l like him, (although l realise that plenty don't). Halford has surprised me, he seems far more capable than l first thought, so l hope that we will at least be able to hold on to him for the remainder of the season.

The others though, if we lose them it won't be a major loss.

What do you like about him?! I think he's been the most gutless and generally pointless CM we've had since Harley (excluding Kemy, who is in a league of his own, obviously). The fact he has been in ahead of Ince- who is not only a far superior player, but is also one of our most talented youngsters that we actually own and can develop- is nothing short of absurd.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
After Bennetts performance last night, and the enthusiasm he showed when we scored, I had hoped he'd stay.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What do you like about him?! I think he's been the most gutless and generally pointless CM we've had since Harley (excluding Kemy, who is in a league of his own, obviously). The fact he has been in ahead of Ince- who is not only a far superior player, but is also one of our most talented youngsters that we actually own and can develop- is nothing short of absurd.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Jones got lucky again with Gardner's exclusion due to illness / Ince finally got the chance and grabbed it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here