Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newark to Times Sqaure

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Afternoon,

I know there are a couple of Albion fans living out in New York and many more on here that have traveled that part of the world.

What's the best way to get from Newark Airport to Times Square?
Will be on a Sunday evening/night so trying to figure out transport options.

Thanks

:albion2:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Newark Express bus gets within a couple of blocks of Time Square, that said I've always got a taxi as a lot less hassle etc

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
Yes, the bus is about $15 each and goes from the airport to Bryant Park, couple of blocks away from Times Square. A taxi would be over $100!

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
When i went in 2003. We caught a train direct to Penn Station

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Personally I think the best way is to get the train into Newark and then on to Penn which is about 15 mins walk to Times Square. I live in Manhattan and have done this several times.

You can also get the PATH train to Herald Sq from Newark, although you have to change at Journal Square.

Whatever you do - DON'T GET A CAB! Anything involving road transport into Manhattan should be avoided.

Are you going for the ball drop? Good luck if you are....

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Personally I think the best way is to get the train into Newark and then on to Penn which is about 15 mins walk to Times Square. I live in Manhattan and have done this several times.

You can also get the PATH train to Herald Sq from Newark, although you have to change at Journal Square.

Whatever you do - DON'T GET A CAB! Anything involving road transport into Manhattan should be avoided.

Are you going for the ball drop? Good luck if you are....

Thanks for the advice, the bus looks the most appealing so far at $16.00 one-way and an est. travel time of 45 minutes. Also picks up and drops off closest to the door.

Not going for NY unfortunately, going mid-March for a 12 day trip.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Another vote for the direct train from Newark to Penn. It's very reasonably priced and runs pretty frequently. The walk from Penn Station to Times Square isn't bad either.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Thanks for the advice, the bus looks the most appealing so far at $16.00 one-way and an est. travel time of 45 minutes. Also picks up and drops off closest to the door.

Not going for NY unfortunately, going mid-March for a 12 day trip.

Sure - bus is definitely straightforward and is cheapest option but may take a bit longer. You do get a nice view of Manhattan from it though as you approach the island.

Enjoy NYC!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Train straight into Pen Station, done it a few times................. Times Sq is either a 10 minute walk, or a 2 minute subway ride.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't make the same mistake I did.

The first time I went to New York, I caught a flight to Newark airport. My plan was to catch the train from there to Penn Station, NYC.

However, there is also a Penn Station in Newark! When the train announcer said 'Newark Penn Station' I thought he said 'New York Penn Station' and promptly got off the train. It was only after a few minutes wandering around outside the station and trying to find the subway that I realised I was still in New Jersey...

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I do this journey 2-3 times a month. New Jersey Transit Train from EWR to Penn and walk to Times Sq (presumably no bags?). IF bags, train and then cab to Times Sq. AVOID Bus, Taxi. Absolute cheapest is PATH but as said earlier - need to change @ Journal Square (which isn't that hard). Would need to buy a METRO Card and load it $4.50 each way. I'd go for NJ Transit Train.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yes, the bus is about $15 each and goes from the airport to Bryant Park, couple of blocks away from Times Square. A taxi would be over $100!

Pretty sure the taxi is a flat rate of $60/$65...and probably would be pretty smooth on a Sunday evening?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here