Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Darts Could Stephen Bunting make darting history?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Winning back to back BDO and PDC titles?

He saw off James Wade last night, whose clearly no mug, is he good enough to knock out Taylor and go on and win the whole thing?

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
No chance. He'll win tonight & then go out to Barney or Lewis in the quarter-finals.

Taylor versus Thornton/Van Gerwen final.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I was impressed with Bunting last night. I fancy he'll be a definite wild card pick for the 2015 Premier League. As the current BDO World Champion and a fast thrower Sky will lap that up.

Can he win this? Yes, but when you play Wade you get the crowd on your side. That won't be the case if he's up against Taylor or Van Gerwen, and we don't know how he'll handle the crowd and the pressure in the long format.

It's been a cracking tournament so far - the way Gary Anderson was battered by Klaasen for 20 minutes but still came through was incredible. Anderson, Taylor, MVG, Lewis all look like they could win this.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Wouldn't count out Gary Anderson. In the form of his life at the moment.

Agreed. Reyes giving him a game at the moment though! Still think it'll end 4-1 or 4-2 Anderson, mind.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Wade never turned up last night, he was truly awful. Couldn't even take 40 away from 121 at one stage. Wouldn't read to much into that performance. Smith will beat Bunting tonight.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
The old Wade turned up last night .Always remember a Boxing day 3 years ago when Wade in the middle of The Worlds was playing Darts topless and hammered in a pub in Aldershot with a game due 2 days later.Bunting won't win it this year,but will reach the final in the next 3 years .

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
If Wade could control his mood swings more, and didn't lose the plot after he split with Helen Chamberlain he could've been up there with one of the best. I've got next to no confidence in him any more.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bunting will prob win the title one year but not this yr. Very good stage & floor player too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Not that i know of BG where did u hear that ?

He's mentioned it on numerous occasions.

If you saw todays game against Reyes there were 4/5 occasions where he needed to ask the referee what he had hit.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
He's mentioned it on numerous occasions.

If you saw todays game against Reyes there were 4/5 occasions where he needed to ask the referee what he had hit.

Oh fair enough. He won't wear glasses that's for sure..

Jimmy Grimble

He had to get the ref to put his flight back on for him too! :lolol:

I'm sure there's an interview where he's admitted his eyesight is shocking. Basically can only just about see the board - not that it really matters for him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here