Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

January transfer activity needs to be......

Worthing exile

May 12, 2009
Loanees

Tex to be retained for season

Joe Bennett to be signed permanently (now before we lose him) or at least retained for season

Halford to be signed permanently (again now, especially while Forest need the cash). Although 30, he has years on Greer and should be the next generation with Dunk

Elliott Bennett to be signed if played in his correct position

To be signed

Decent big striker

Released / available for free transfer

Kemy
Toko
Casper

simply to free up wages

over to you

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I can see us signing some of our loanees on a permanent basis to help resolve our loan crisis. Both Bennetts wouldn't surprise me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Loanees

Joe Bennett to be signed permanently (now before we lose him) or at least retained for season

Halford to be signed permanently (again now, especially while Forest need the cash). Although 30, he has years on Greer and should be the next generation with Dunk

To be signed

Decent big striker

Kemy
Toko
Casper

simply to free up wages

over to you

Tex is with us for season loan as is Joe Bennett I think
I agree with signing Halford and if possible Elliott Bennett

Either sign a big striker and sell COG or push him for a starting role
keep Casper as you need 3 keepers
release Toko Agustein and not surprising from me McCourt

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Loanees

To be signed

Decent big striker

Kemy
Toko
Casper

simply to free up wages

over to you

Agree with most of this. Tex and Joe B are on season-long loans, but I wouldn't be averse to signing the latter permanently. Halford would be a decent signing, particularly due to his versatility. Not so sure about signing Elliott B, especially if KLL's not too far away from recovery, as that would give us KLL, Colunga, March, Tex and McCourt to play out wide/attacking midfield. Toko should go on loan somewhere; Kemy will continue to pick up his wad until his contract expires; and think that releasing Casper is a good idea, particularly given the loan-signing of Al-Habsi and emergence of Walton.
We need a decent big striker as a priority. Whether we get them on loan for the rest of the season, and then plunge into the transfer market in the summer, or buy straight away, I don't mind. But this is where we need to secure a quality signing. Maybe an attacking/goalscoring midfielder too.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Loanees

To be signed

Decent big striker

Kemy
Toko
Casper

simply to free up wages

over to you

Can't argue with any of these, although I wouldn't mind giving O'Grady a start on Saturday to see what he can do. If we can get the best out of him, we might be able to make do for the season up front and sign a new striker in the summer.

Halford signing permanently or on loan for the season sorts the defence out. As others have said, I'd stick with Ankergren. We're still in massive trouble and don't want to risk being without a third keeper, especially towards the end of the season when you can't sign a keeper except in an emergency.

I don't think we'll get Bennett (and unlikely to extend Gardner) so we may need to cover for that. With central midfield, it depends on whether Stephens will be available for most of the second half of the season and whether the new manager can get anything out of Toko. He must be a decent player, based on his history, so no idea what's happened to him.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Premiership teams won't loan young players to us with the battle we are in...expect experienced journeymen who clubs have no need for...extend existing loans if clubs will allow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here