Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team for Brentford?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wonder if we'll put out the strongest possible side to try and keep the momentum going?

Assuming Bennett and Halford are unavailable as loans have ended I reckon I'd go for something like?

Stockdale
Calderon - Hughes - Dunk - Bennett
Holla - Ince
March - Teixeira - Colunga
Mackail-Smith
Subs: Walton, Rea, Chicksen, Toko, McCourt, Baldock, O'Grady.

Maybe give McCourt a start rather than March, or O'Grady up top with CMS a bit deeper as I seem to recall last time they had a fairly physical side.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If the new man is in then may as well put out a strong side so he can get to work for Charlton away.

Everything should be geared to 3 points at Charlton. If that means sacrifices Saturday then so be it

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
We need to put out our strongest side. The Brentford game is five days after Fulham, and a week before Charlton. We've also got players coming back from injury (Greer, Baldock and, possibly, Stephens) and Bruno from suspension, with the likelihood of the squad being enhanced over the next few weeks. I'd use the FA Cup to blood a certain youngster though:

---------------------- Walton -----------------------
Calde --- Greer/Hughes --- Dunk --- Bennett, J
------------ Ince -------------- Holla ---------------
March ---------- JFC/Teixiera ----------- Colunga
----------------------- CMS -------------------------

Subs: Stockdale, Greer/Hughes/Rea, Chicksen, McCourt, JFC/Teixiera, Baldock, O'Grady

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
I think it's important to try and capitalise on the current confidence that the players have.

Yep spot on - may be a cup 3rd round tie, and the norm is to select a weaker side (something i do not agree with) keep the same side (apart from Halford/Bennett - loans) and keep confidence and the drive.

BHA96

May 4, 2009
HH
Walton

Calderon
Dunk
Hughes
Chicksen

Holla
Toko

March
McCourt