Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Updated: Hughton talks up Albion job [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton has reiterated his interest in becoming Albion's next manager.
He is keen on the other Albion vacancy as well - but Tony Pulis is on course to take charge at West Brom.
Hughton, now the red-hot favourite to succeed Sami Hyypia at The Amex, told BBC Radio Four this morning: "It's a very good club, a club that has a trememdous infrastructure - a new stadium, a new training facility. Anybody like myself who has been out for a while would certainly be interested in that type of job."
Hughton, out of work since Norwich sacked him in April, also declared his interest in the position at West Brom after they axed Alan Irvine last night.
The ex-Birmingham and Newcastle boss said: "Is it a club I would be interested in? Yes, absolutely. I think anybody that has been out of the game for the period of time I have and has managed at the level I have has got to be interested in that type of job."
Hughton has been using his spare time by taking part in a course piloted by the PFA to encourage more diversity in football club Boardrooms and other businesses.
The 56-year-old wants to see more black managers. He said: "We all know there is an imbalance but I have seen a real enthusiasm for change and that is right through from the LMA, the PFA, the Football Association.
"At this moment we have three black managers out of 92 teams and I think we are all keen to see that change."
Hughton's pathway to The Amex has been cleared by the anticipated return of Pulis to the Premier League.
Sky Sports are reporting this morning that the former Crystal Palace and Stoke boss is in talks with West Brom. Pulis is also believed to be a contender for the Newcastle job, with Alan Pardew bound for Palace.
Hughton is expected to have Paul Trollope as part of his backroom team if he joins Albion. The 42-year-old former Bristol Rovers boss was Hughton's coach at Birmingham and Norwich.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here