Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Revelation of Last Night

el punal

What was it that transformed the team from a group of demotivated, lack lustre and uninspiring individuals into a passionate, never say die and, sometimes, skilful united front. And that goes for the fans too!

We played as if a great weight had been lifted off everyone's shoulders and certainly, in the second half, the confidence and freedom to express those skills increased as time passed.

So, what made this so? Was it the immense support from all the Albion fans? The departure of Sami Hyypia? Or, have we suddenly found a gem of a manager who can inspire and motivate in Nathan Jones?

Whatever it is can we have more of the same please. Last night was a wonderful experience in being an Albion fan - and I would like second helpings, thank you.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Whilst Ince and Halford(s) have taken most of the plaudits special mentions must go to Tex and Colunga who have been much maligned by me over the last few weeks for being too lightweight and giving the ball away too easily. They worked v hard defensively and also played with more freedom going forwards.

We really must not get carried away you know. Last night was a patient highly competent away counter attacking performance. But games like these rely on the home side being dogshit - and everything Fulham tried they fluffed. Rodallega had many better chances than the one he took at Amex for example - sometimes in football the fates smile on you and good for Jonah it did on him - but he played a steady hand by recalling the two goal creators CMS and COG.
But we need another guy to lift us to the next level beyond dogged scrappers

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What was it that transformed the team from a group of demotivated, lack lustre and uninspiring individuals into a passionate, never say die and, sometimes, skilful united front. And that goes for the fans too!

We played as if a great weight had been lifted off everyone's shoulders and certainly, in the second half, the confidence and freedom to express those skills increased as time passed.

So, what made this so? Was it the immense support from all the Albion fans? The departure of Sami Hyypia? Or, have we suddenly found a gem of a manager who can inspire and motivate in Nathan Jones?

Whatever it is can we have more of the same please. Last night was a wonderful experience in being an Albion fan - and I would like second helpings, thank you.

Good post. It was all those things in my opinion.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We really must not get carried away you know. Last night was a patient highly competent away counter attacking performance. But games like these rely on the home side being dogshit - and everything Fulham tried they fluffed. Rodallega had many better chances than the one he took at Amex for example - sometimes in football the fates smile on you and good for Jonah it did on him - but he played a steady hand by recalling the two goal creators CMS and COG.
But we need another guy to lift us to the next level beyond dogged scrappers

I agree with most of that. Fulham's shooting and corners were very poor. Let's not detract from the determination and hard work that Brighton put in, and it paid off.

I would argue we had plenty of those performances under Sami too - remember the huge amount of draws - but we've played few teams who were as error prone as Fulham and as easy to frustrate.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I would argue we had plenty of those performances under Sami too - remember the huge amount of draws - but we've played few teams who were as error prone as Fulham and as easy to frustrate.

And during those series of draws and defeats I'm quite sure that the other fans were saying they had played few sides that were as error prone as us.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Except we froze when we took the lead, sounds like we didn't do that last night?

Except we froze when we took the lead, sounds like we didn't do that last night?

Fulham had really good chances but didn't take them - at the Amex Fulham had a deflected shot that went in. It's fine lines. This is not a different team under Jonah even though yes it's fun to believe otherwise. So sure lets believe in Father Christmas for a few days before hopefully the reality of a good management appointment comes along.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
What was it that transformed the team from a group of demotivated, lack lustre and uninspiring individuals into a passionate, never say die and, sometimes, skilful united front ?

Was it the promise of a pie and a pint of Harvey's at half time instead of Lucozade and glucose tablets ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here