Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton now red-hot favourite for Albion job - but Jones looks set to stay at club [The Ar

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton looks increasingly like becoming Albion's new manager.
But Nathan Jones will remain at the club after steering the Seagulls to a 2-0 win at Fulham last night in his second game in caretaker charge.
Hughton is now the red-hot favourite to succeed Sami Hyypia, with main rival Tony Pulis seemingly bound for a Premier League post. He is believed to be in contention for the fresh vacancies at Newcastle and West Brom.
The appointment of Hughton, meanwhile, is likely to be confirmed before or shortly after Saturday's FA Cup tie at Brentford. Jones is expected to stay on, either as his assistant or first team coach.
The Welshman, No.2 to both Hyypia and Oscar Garcia last season, was delighted with the response from the players in the victory at Craven Cottage, which followed the 2-2 draw at home to Reading on Boxing Day.
He said: "The most important thing was we set up a system, asked the players to do certain things and they carried it out to the letter. Credit has to go to the players. They were outstanding. I asked them to give me everything and they did."
Jones, who also played for Albion, said of his own future: "I'll wait to hear. They asked me to take the Reading game and this one. We've done that. We'll enjoy it and then we will be into work and it will be business as normal until I hear otherwise.
"I want to continue to be involved in this club and to keep improving because I love what I do. I don't enjoy what I do, I love what I do, I live what I do, and I like doing it for this club."
Darren Bent and Gary Gardner, ruled out last night by injury and illness respectively, have been recalled by Aston Villa on the expiry of their loan spells. Chris O'Grady, back with Albion from his loan stint with Sheffield United to cater for the loss of Bent, came off the bench in the second half at Craven Cottage.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here