Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fulham ratings (Away)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
:albion2::bowdown::rave:

Ecstatic with the result and performance...

Stockdale 7.5 Not too much to do as there shooting was dreadful, but one spectacular save.
Calde 7
Halford 8 Very assured
Dunk 7.5
J Bennett 7
Holla 7.5 Good game...
Ince 8.5 Monstrous at times
E Bennett 7
Tex 8.5*
Colunga 7.5 Good pen
CMS 6.5 Brilliant pass for Bennett to win the penalty... Not much else.

Subs:
March 7.5 Nice finish
O'Grady 7 **** me he held it up well, looked decent
Hughes N/A

Brilliant team selection tonight, a more robust midfield allowed *Tex to do what he does best, and he was very effective second half almost MOTM but Ince beat him to it, so hats off to Mr Jones.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Maybe I'm just too overwhelmed with joy to give rating, but hey, who cares it was great.

Stockdale - 8 - 2 world class saves
Calderon - 8 - inspirational at times
Bennett - 6.5 - better than in recent weeks, still careless at times
Halford - 7 - Continues to get stronger
Dunk - 7.5 - Organised and a vast improvement on Reading
Ince - 9 - MoM
Holla - 8 - Exhibition of passing
E.Bennett - 7 - Still a shadow of his former self, never goes past anyone anymore. Still won the penalty and remains a legend IMO.
Texeira - 7.5 - Best performance since Bournemouth and arguably since Leeds, not a physical game so suited him more.
Colunga - 7 - Always available
CMS - 6.5 - Great pass, otherwise ran around a lot and harried as always without ever threatening.

March - 6.5 - took his goal well
O'Grday - 7 - looked more confidence and a greater threat
Hughes - N/A

Support - 10 - Immense

Jones - 9 - Primarily for finally playing the best two midfield players available.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Stockdale 8- not a lot to do, but 2 vital saves. Was sure Rodallega was going to score. Constantly running out to encourage and organise.
Calde 7- won all his aerial battles, occasionally skinned but to be expected.
Dunk 7.5- very good, as usual.
Halford 8- liked how he brought the ball forward.
J. Bennett 7.5- didn't get forward as much but a couple of excellent defensive headers when under pressure
Ince 8.5- don't recall him making one mistake, physically dominant
Holla 7- few shaky passes but largely screened the defence well
Teixiera 8.5- his best game since Leeds, maybe even better. Couldn't touch him and got stuck in well too.
Colunga 7.5- worked hard all over the pitch, very clever on the ball.
E. Bennett 7- did well to win the penalty, would have liked to see him run at people more as he caused problems when he did.
CMS 7- difficult job playing the lone role, worked very hard to make the lay-offs, excellent pass to put Bennett in

Subs:
March- hard to rate him as hardly touched the ball bar his goal and when we were running the clock down. 8 for what he did when he got it :lolol:
O'Grady 9 for the time he was on the pitch, won absolutely everything, brought balls down and linked up play very nicely, especially for goal. Very impressed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
[QUOTE=Kazenga

Lazy option but can't argue with any of this. 10/10 for the Putney End without doubt, the stand was shaking throughout and at least a 9 for Nathan. Interesting to see in particular how we have started the second half of the two games under him - in contrast to the sleepiness that Sami seemed to induce at the break. Awesome night out.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale 7 1 world class save
Calderon 7
Dunk 7
Halford 7.5
Bennett 7
Ince 8 just nicked mom for me
E. Bennett 7
Tex 7
Holla 7

Colunga 7
CMS 7

March 7
O Grady 7.5 incredible impact on the game for time on pitch full marks to Jones for bringing him on at that point
Hughes 7 :)

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I wasn't at the game yesterday, however, it didn't take a genius to work out that COG wasn't being used properly before. I assume Jones pushed him right forward onto the centrebacks and he made a nuisance of himself.

That's all we signed him for, I can't work out how Hyypia didn't get that.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Stockdale 8 - Two brilliant saves
Calde 8 - Thought he had a superb game
Dunk 7.5
Halford 8 - Really hope we sign him permanently
Bennett 7.5
Holla 8
Ince 9 - How did Hyypia not start him more often?
Texeira 7.5
Bennett 7
CMS 7
Colunga 7.5

Subs

March 7.5 - Very well taken goal
O'Grady 7.5 - Did more in 20 minutes last night than he's done in the whole of his time here. Would happily give him a go from the start on Saturday to see what he can do.
Hughes N/a

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Maybe I'm just too overwhelmed with joy to give rating, but hey, who cares it was great.

Stockdale - 8 - 2 world class saves
Calderon - 8 - inspirational at times
Bennett - 6.5 - better than in recent weeks, still careless at times
Halford - 7 - Continues to get stronger
Dunk - 7.5 - Organised and a vast improvement on Reading
Ince - 9 - MoM
Holla - 8 - Exhibition of passing
E.Bennett - 7 - Still a shadow of his former self, never goes past anyone anymore. Still won the penalty and remains a legend IMO.
Texeira - 7.5 - Best performance since Bournemouth and arguably since Leeds, not a physical game so suited him more.
Colunga - 7 - Always available
CMS - 6.5 - Great pass, otherwise ran around a lot and harried as always without ever threatening.

March - 6.5 - took his goal well
O'Grday - 7 - looked more confidence and a greater threat
Hughes - N/A

Support - 10 - Immense

Jones - 9 - Primarily for finally playing the best two midfield players available.

This as it saves me typing out mine. I would also add O'Grady's superb chest down for Teixeira to pass to March for the 2nd goal which put the result beyond doubt.
Edited Actually I would change March to a 7.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Stockdale 7.5 -- two great saves, great marshalling of defence, distribution mostly good
Calde 6 -- strong, good in the air, but most of their attacks came down his side
Halford 8 -- strong, assured, quality defending and bringing the ball out of defence
Dunk 8 -- excellent again
Bennett, J 9 MotM -- a number of brilliant interceptions, tackles and last ditch headers; his best defensive game by a long way
Ince 8.5 -- we've got our Ince back
Holla 7
Bennett, E 6 -- good heart, and great run for the penalty
Tex 8 -- kept finding pockets of space and getting in front of his opponent, and launching attacks; don't understand why Fulham didn't try to counter this
Colunga 7.5 -- really intelligent play and movement; does he really wait until the keeper's moved before taking his penalties (if so, what happens when the keeper doesn't move)?
CMS 5.5 -- lots of effort, good through ball for the penalty, still can't get away from The Large One's comment that we all know his second touch is going to be a tackle

March 7.5 -- great run and finish; he's coming into match fitness and we'll reap the rewards in the second half of the season
O'Grady 7 -- used properly (see Spring Hall Convert's post)
Hughes n/a

Jones 9 -- did a lot to endear himself to the fans tonight
Away end -- this one goes right up to 11

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What a great performance. I felt positive as soon as I saw JFC's and Gardner's names missing from the starting line-up.

Stockdale 7. A couple of great saves. Some wayward distribution. But a lot of excellent communication from him to his defence.
Calderon 7. Best game for a while.
Halford 8. Very good defensive display and carried the ball forward on a few occasions with positive effect. I recall someone on here referring to him as a "donkey" a few weeks back. Far from it. We should try to keep him.
Dunk 8. Assured display.
J. Bennett 7. Decent performance.
Holla 7. Good to see him in the team. All over the pitch. Couple of long shots he could have done better with, but good to see him taking the shooting option.
Ince 9. MOM. Wow! Why the hell wouldn't Sami play him regularly? Passing was excellent .... and most of it forward.
Tex 8. What a revelation. Appeared much stronger on the ball.
Colunga 8. Played well. Good penalty.
E. Bennett 6. OK.
CMS 6. Made a positive contribution. First touch better. than usual.

Subs:
March 7. Looks to be returning to full fitness. Very well taken goal.
O'Grady 8. Another revelation. Flash in the pan or was that the real COG?
Hughes N/A

Jones 9. Great team selection. Thought he was a genius for leaving out JFC and Gardner, then heard they had viruses. Good use of subs. Motivated the team exceptionally well. Made you realise just how truly awful Sami was in that department.

Albion away support 10.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
What a great performance. I felt positive as soon as I saw JFC's and Gardner's names missing from the starting line-up.

Stockdale 7. A couple of great saves. Some wayward distribution. But a lot of excellent communication from him to his defence.
Calderon 7. Best game for a while.
Halford 8. Very good defensive display and carried the ball forward on a few occasions with positive effect. I recall someone on here referring to him as a "donkey" a few weeks back. Far from it. We should try to keep him.
Dunk 8. Assured display.
J. Bennett 7. Decent performance.
Holla 7. Good to see him in the team. All over the pitch. Couple of long shots he could have done better with, but good to see him taking the shooting option.
Ince 9. MOM. Wow! Why the hell wouldn't Sami play him regularly? Passing was excellent .... and most of it forward.
Tex 8. What a revelation. Appeared much stronger on the ball.
Colunga 8. Played well. Good penalty.
E. Bennett 6. OK.
CMS 6. Made a positive contribution. First touch better. than usual.

Subs:
March 7. Looks to be returning to full fitness. Very well taken goal.
O'Grady 8. Another revelation. Flash in the pan or was that the real COG?
Hughes N/A

Jones 9. Great team selection. Thought he was a genius for leaving out JFC and Gardner, then heard they had viruses. Good use of subs. Motivated the team exceptionally well. Made you realise just how truly awful Sami was in that department.

Albion away support 10.

Pretty good analysis:thumbsup:

Stockdales distribution was bizarre, it ranged from complete garbage to sublime, with very little in between.

Tex did get dispossessed a little too easily & too often first half, but much better 2nd half. Just wish he'd pull the trigger quicker & more often.

Jones, we'll never know whether it was tactical genius or just fate playing its hand. Either way let's hope lesson learnt. COG only came on as Bennett got injured, otherwise who knows what may have happened, but that's fate, again.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Pretty good analysis:thumbsup:

Stockdales distribution was bizarre, it ranged from complete garbage to sublime, with very little in between.

Tex did get dispossessed a little too easily & too often first half, but much better 2nd half. Just wish he'd pull the trigger quicker & more often.

Jones, we'll never know whether it was tactical genius or just fate playing its hand. Either way let's hope lesson learnt. COG only came on as Bennett got injured, otherwise who knows what may have happened, but that's fate, again.

With the recall of both CMS and COG to the squad and the inclusion of Baldock on the bench, I feel JOnes is showing his intentions, we need a first team with committed contracted players, not those just serving their time out on loan who receive automatic selection. Certainly the line up was the best we have seen all season, lets hope that was by design and not by luck.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This as it saves me typing out mine. I would also add O'Grady's superb chest down for Teixeira to pass to March for the 2nd goal which put the result beyond doubt.
Edited Actually I would change March to a 7.

Yes it was a superb chest down, glad you highlighted that - thanks Thunder Bolt......

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Stockdale 7
Calderon 8
Dunk 8
Halford 8
Bennett 7
Ince 8
Holla 7
Teixeira 8
Colunga 7
Bennett 6
CMS 6

Subs
March 7
o'Grady 8
Hughes 6

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Stockdale 7 - The world class save deserved a higher overall score, but a couple of dodgy moments when in possession could easily have ended up in embarrassment. Knocks down the score a bit.
Calde 7.5 - Another inspiring performance
Dunk 8 - keeping him in Jan will be the best piece of business we can do
Halford 8 - signing him in Jan will be the second best.
Bennett 6.5 - Decent performance.
Holla 6.5 - felt his contribution allowed Rohan to play even better- This is the partnership we need.
Ince 8.5 - MOM - Performed at the level we aways expect him to. Which is a level hard to hit. Nailed it last night.
Texeira 7.5 - Decent performance throughout, with a couple of moments of genuine class.
Bennett 6 - Decent performance without being spectacular
CMS 7 - Much more purposeful than I have seen recently, without being a goal threat. Nice pass for the Pen.
Colunga 7.5 - Has always impressed whenever I've seen him. Taken over from Spanish Dave as Penalty taker par excellence. Don't understand the flak he gets on here

Subs

March 7.5 - Great finish to a lovely move. Good to have him back.
O'Grady 7.5 - Strong performance. Hope the crowds reaction to him will convince him he has a future here.
Hughes N/a

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Average Ratings

Highest Rated:
Ince 8.71 (96mins, 12 votes)

The Rest:
<Teixeira 8.04 (90mins, 12 votes)
Halford 7.96 (96mins, 12 votes)
>O'Grady 7.88 (15mins, 12 votes)