Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton in!

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Managed Newcastle, won the Championship first season. Sacked next season with Newacstle 11th in the Premier League. Harsh.

Managed Birmingham, finished 1 point behind top in their Europa League group whilst in the Championship, where they finished 4th.

Managed Norwich, sacked whilst in 17th place, they were eventually relegated. Harsh.

Not a bad record for the three seasons he's managed.

Also, taken from Wikipedia: When Hughton was dismissed as Newcastle manager, Kevin Nolan told The Sun, "Sometimes at clubs, when a manager goes, there will be some players who are pleased to see the back of him ... But everybody liked Chris. He was very popular, not just with the players but everyone who worked for the club.

Hughton in! :clap2:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Managed Newcastle, won the Championship first season. Sacked next season with Newacstle 11th in the Premier League. Harsh.

Managed Birmingham, finished 1 point behind top in their Europa League group whilst in the Championship, where they finished 4th.

Managed Norwich, sacked whilst in 17th place, they were eventually relegated. Harsh.

Also, taken from Wikipedia: When Hughton was dismissed as Newcastle manager, Kevin Nolan told The Sun, "Sometimes at clubs, when a manager goes, there will be some players who are pleased to see the back of him ... But everybody liked Chris. He was very popular, not just with the players but everyone who worked for the club.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention TipTopTom.

Do you think he's in the running to replace Hyppia? Any other rumours that you can share? :thumbsup:

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Point well made guys, point well made.

To be fair, other than the 'Jones or Hughton' thread on the second page, I couldn't see any other threads on Hughton.

I just don't get the negativity about Hughton with a record like that, the majority would prefer Jones to him, what?!

tiotom92

Jan 11, 2014
Cares about the club? Didn't he pretend to be hit in the face to get one of our players sent off a few years back?

And IMO passion doesn't equal a good manager.

Saying that, if we do hire him, I hope I'm proved wrong.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Just like he had passion for Charlton when they were paying his wages

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
99% of players/managers have been at more than one club. Unless you are Steven Gerrard or John Terry, you have to show passion for the club you are currently employed by. Believe it or not, even the likes of Calderon was once employed by someone else. Sami got moaned at for showing none, Nathan gets moaned at for showing some. People cannot win.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How many players kiss the badge when they score, it means nothing but keeps the supporters happy them showing their 'loyalty' and how many like Dan Harding say they are joining their favourite clubs. Recently a player from Belgium said it about Middlesbro when he joined, absolute rubbish.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
If Chris Hughton is genuinely the only real option right now I'd rather NJ was given the rest of the season - he'll keep us from going down - and frankly that's all we're playing for.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
More of the Same?

Who was understandably frustrated at seeing his side dominate against Cardiff but only collect a point?
They had 61 per cent of the ball and managed 31 shots in total – more than any side in one game so far this season – but still failed to beat Cardiff keeper David Marshall.
It’s not new , however. In the 11 matches since he took charge in which they have achieved more than 50 per cent possession they have failed to win any of them.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...etting-better--Ralph-Ellis.html#ixzz3NLUJ4s4p

So Hughton might fall seamlessly into the Albion system?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Thanks for bringing this to our attention TipTopTom.

Do you think he's in the running to replace Hyppia? Any other rumours that you can share? :thumbsup:

Give the guy a break. This is a message board where people can discuss whatever is important. There is nothing more important than the new manager. It's not clever to continuously dismiss anyone who starts a thread on something that is already known.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
How many players kiss the badge when they score, it means nothing but keeps the supporters happy them showing their 'loyalty' and how many like Dan Harding say they are joining their favourite clubs. Recently a player from Belgium said it about Middlesbro when he joined, absolute rubbish.

I completely agree, if a club were paying me stupid money to do what I loved doing I would kiss the chairmans arse in public let alone the badge!! this loyalty thing is complete rubbish (with the exception of a few) a player / manager goes to a club and they always say what the fans want to hear, the only loyalty they have, and quite rightly so, is to themselves and where necessary their families, its the money that buys temporary loyalty, sadly!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hughton is on the Radio 4 Today programme this morning - to discuss the vacancies in the Premier League.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'm assuming you are one of the people who have " Gone Large " on him at 1/7 on then ?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Thanks for listing all this. I've always liked Hughton, both as a player and a manager.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hughton "not interested" in unfinished business at Newcastle but definitely interested in Albion job. Both of them unfortunately according to his Radio 4 interview.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here