Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greg Halford

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Man of the match for me. Such an assured performance and set off a couple of attacks.

Was underwhelmed when we signed him but looks a talented player and worth keeping for me.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
did you go?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes. If I hadn't I wouldn't have started the thread.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tex, Ince, Halford were all outstanding today.

NickL

Aug 21, 2003
Brighton
Totally agree, was first to every ball tonight and would provide much needed depth to the squad in a number of positions.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fulham fans reckon it was a straight red?

Tricky one. Was very firm and sort of one boot up. The way the ref ran over I was CERTAIN Halford was gone.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Fulham fans reckon it was a straight red?

Not a chance. Looked a decent tackle to me.
I was genuinely surprised it was even a yellow. Might just have been my normal blinkered view on these things but I thought it was a 50 / 50 ball which he got to relatively cleanly.

Anyone else have a better view of it?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Tricky one. Was very firm and sort of one boot up. The way the ref ran over I was CERTAIN Halford was gone.
Cheers. Terrible pass i believe led to that tackle according to the radio

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
He will be recalled by Forest unless Pearce has completely lost the plot.

Halfords contract is up at the end of the season, Forest are also under a transfer ban as their transfer dealings have meant they haven't met FFP. Transferring him out for a small fee and saving on wages might well be in their interests.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Halfords contract is up at the end of the season, Forest are also under a transfer ban as their transfer dealings have meant they haven't met FFP. Transferring him out for a small fee and saving on wages might well be in their interests.

Hmm. Good shout. In which case, sign him up! Hasn't played poorly yet imo

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Not a chance. Looked a decent tackle to me.
I was genuinely surprised it was even a yellow. Might just have been my normal blinkered view on these things but I thought it was a 50 / 50 ball which he got to relatively cleanly.

Anyone else have a better view of it?

I'm not even convinced it was a foul. He won the ball, but it was a committed challenge, and he followed through with some force.

I've been hugely impressed with him. Do we want to extend his loan? This will mean threatening the Dunk-Greer axis, which will be very important for us.
I actually thought Joe Bennett was MotM, pushed hard by Dunk, Halford and, especially, Ince. Great to see him back to his pomp of last season. Teixiera actually did well today, kept finding pockets of space, and causing them problems, I was surprised that Fulham didn't twig and close him down more quickly.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was my MOTM as well, just shaded it from Ince who was awesome tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still wouldn't buy a bike off him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Well, they would say that wouldnt they? (Topical quote) .... BBC Sussex reckoned it wasnt even a certain yellow.... he was unlucky to be booked.

I agree, although the way the referee ran over, I breathed a sigh of relief when it was only a yellow. He had already played the ball when the Fulham player got there. It was one footed so never a red, harsh yellow imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here