Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was told he played really well apart from a couple of his usual clearances but we will forgive him that for the save he made near the end which I am told was unbelievable.

peterward

NSC Patreon
Nov 11, 2009
Hell of a save fella, top drawer.
Like a few of our players this season, harshly criticised in my opinion.

Hell of a save, top drawer indeed and finally hitting form.

But he wasnt harshly criticised, he was pretty pants for a while and cost us a good few goals with poor mistakes.

Good to see him hit form and start justifying his price tag

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I am so pleased he is coming good. Have a Fulham STH friend who really rates him. Stockdale is also a top person - he met my son during the players recent trip to Worthing Hospital and he was really friendly chatty and genuinely interested in talking to my son.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Was nice to hear his name being sung by the fans tonight. Two stunning saves, and without the first one (from the long distance shot), Fulham would have been right back in it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Lets be honest, he had a poor start to the season. Now he is hitting some form and has lost some weight, good to see. Can't agree with BG think his distribution is far superior to Kuszczak's and most other previous keepers.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Other than any vitriolic personal abuse he deserved some of the stick he got earlier in the season and took most of that on the chin. He wasn't good enough and cost us points, been a lot better recently though I agree.

We did pay a lot of money for him so I hope it continues.

Murray3779

Dec 29, 2014
I think he was fairly criticised at one point. He has been suspect. Havent seen his performance tonight yet sounds like he did a good job

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sensational save from the long shot at a crucial time. Couple of poor passes out but several good ones - at least he is trying to find an Albion shirt rather than hoofing it long down the centre like a lot of keepers.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
About time, he's looked like our 3rd best keeper for the early part of the season

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Lets be honest, he had a poor start to the season. Now he is hitting some form and has lost some weight, good to see. Can't agree with BG think his distribution is far superior to Kuszczak's and most other previous keepers.

Kuszczak's distribution was dire, as was his relations with his defence. Stockdale is so much of an improvement on both of these, and I'm looking forward to seeing him show that his more than a match at positional play and shot-stopping.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
I thought he had a poor start to the season - for a few games, we hardly saw him make a save - every opposition shot seemed to go in. However, is starting to put that behind him now.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me the jury is still out. He cost us 7 or 8 points at the start of the season, lost points which effectively strangled 14/15 at birth. I also like the look of Walton.

Stockdale might just have got 2 of those points back tonight, but he's still only one more bad error away from me wanting Walton back in the side.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hell of a save fella, top drawer.
Like a few of our players this season, harshly criticised in my opinion.

That save was Gary Bailey-esque. Incredible piece of keeping.
Crucial moment in the game too. Well done that man!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
i think its fair to stay he started pretty poorly, a few goals he should have stopped. but his character has always been top notch, and im glad hes coming good now in such an important time

Despite what people might think that is my view until now he hasnt looked as good as TK but lets hope having apparently lost weight he will go on in leaps and bounds.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
For me the jury is still out. He cost us 7 or 8 points at the start of the season, lost points which effectively strangled 14/15 at birth. I also like the look of Walton.

Stockdale might just have got 2 of those points back tonight, but he's still only one more bad error away from me wanting Walton back in the side.
you must have watched different games to me recently... Walton is a promising youngster in professional goalkeeping terms - Stockdale oozes quality.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
you must have watched different games to me recently... Walton is a promising youngster in professional goalkeeping terms - Stockdale oozes quality.

He didnt in his first 15 games and looked to be a bad buy but he seems to have overcome that and is now looking worth the money. Perhaps some credit should go to Anti Niemi the GK coach for getting him on course.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I think i remember a Fulham fan coming on here when he first signed, and saying that Stockdale was not too clever when he first stated playing for them.
He settled and then they were gutted to see him go.
He got a really good reception from the Fulham fans when he kept goal second half down there end.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here