Midfield

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It's amazing how, according to some, our form rests solely at the feet of TWO players...

Having said that I'm hopeful we've seen the last of Gardner.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It's amazing how, according to some, our form rests solely at the feet of TWO players...

Having said that I'm hopeful we've seen the last of Gardner.

They offer more protection to the back 4 giving our attacking players the confidence to play further up the pitch in advanced areas. No coincidence this resulted in our attacking players getting on the ball more and goals and a clean sheet as a result

Compare this to the fragile powder puff formations Sami served up

To many it is not that amazing it has been pretty obvious this is what we are missing. For the difference see Fulham home v away

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
They offer more protection to the back 4 giving our attacking players the confidence to play further up the pitch in advanced areas. No coincidence this resulted in our attacking players getting on the ball more and goals and a clean sheet as a result

Compare this to the fragile powder puff formations Sami served up

To many it is not that amazing it has been pretty obvious this is what we are missing. For the difference see Fulham home v away

I assume from this you mean ince & holla are a better dm pairing than kfc & gardner

I agree with that & it helps the formation

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I hope we never see Gardner in the stripes again. I'm sceptical about JFC but perm any two from Ince, Holla and JFC and we will be fine. Gardner is gash though. Cheerio back to Villa.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Holla and Ince holding with JFC further forward there is no doubt is a much better set up. Throw a fit Stephens back in the mix and we have much better options.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Holla and Ince as the foundation, then pick any four out of Tex, Lua Lua, McCourt, Cms, bent, JFC, March, Stephens, Collunga, baldock, O'Grady etc to play ahead if them. It's been obvious all season

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Because you need 2 quality midfielders in the centre of the park which has been lacking all season because Sami had insisted on keeping with JFC and Gardner no matter what

I get that and I agree BUT there are 9 other players. We do win and lose as a team after all.

I know I'm in the minoroty but I like JFC. Has worked his socks off in the last few games. I accept he's too lightweight to play the holding role but that's where he has been asked to play, to varying degrees of success. Also doesn't help he can't put a foot right in some fans eyes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here