Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Warren Aspinall

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Burke never listened to the scouts and we missed out on lots of players that we could have got before others which are now performing well at this level.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
The scouting summary was quite telling i thought : I paraphrase - "the other scouts and I submitted plenty of names, all were ignored"
I am guessing that Warren, and the others, wasn't in Madrid watching Ronaldo.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
Said we missed out on Callum Wilson etc thanks to Burke. Aspinall was top drawer tonight, spoke so much sense AND managed to pronounce all names correctly.

But he did have one cock up when he said Elliot Bennett needed to chase back , 5 minutes after he had been subbed !! :dunce:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Has he just let the cat out of the bag tonight? Said NJ should still stay around the club when Hughton comes in as Hughton would want someone around the club who knows it inside out. Then went a bit quiet as though he then realised he'd said too much. Really felt like he was talking from inside knowledge rather than just speculating.

Or did I just imagine all of that?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
He's come on a long way over the years on SCR. I used to like him for comedy value alone when he would get literally every single players name wrong and generally used to chat a lot of random bollocks. He'll still funny with some of the names but seems a lot more switched on these days when it comes to the analysis etc.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Has he just let the cat out of the bag tonight? Said NJ should still stay around the club when Hughton comes in as Hughton would want someone around the club who knows it inside out. Then went a bit quiet as though he then realised he'd said too much. Really felt like he was talking from inside knowledge rather than just speculating.

The main commentator had asked WA if NJ would work with another manager as an assistant having tasted the no:1 position...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The main commentator had asked WA if NJ would work with another manager as an assistant having tasted the no:1 position...

Ah, ok thanks. That sort of explains it.

Even in that context though, it just felt like he was talking as though Hughton was nailed on already and then he seemed to realise what he was saying and went a bit quiet. Probably me just reading too much into it as Hughton is the current bookies favourite.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

This does ring a bell but I heard it as "if Hughton came in" though not exactly sure.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Top bloke, knows the game and tells it straight. Great combo team with the main presenter.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

I thought that too, he was asked a generic question, but responded specifically about Hughton only, seemed strange to me at the time.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here