Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ince man of the match

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ince played well.

The man of the match by a MILE however, was Greg Halford. Utterly superb.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Gardner's loan has expired now, given injuries at Villa they might now want to send him out again and obviously new man might not want him.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Ince was by far and away my MOTM too, although many people around me were saying Tex...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Get it right, on his own he is, play him alongside of Holla and he is a different player.

Sticking my neck out here, but I'm going to suggest most players would be shit if they were on their own. That's why you have a team of eleven.

Apart from that: great point.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Joe Bennett for me. He made a series of last-ditch headers to keep them at bay, and all Fulham's attacks came down our right-hand side. Ince run him a very close second, and Dunk and Halford were immense too. Tex had his best game in a long time.

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I would like to see Ince and Holla build a partnership. Dunk has grown into a great player after being partnered with Greer more regularly and Holla could have a similar effect on Ince. I'd the like to see the more creative Texeira role then alternated with him and JFC depending on the team we are playing and which one would suit better.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Ince was immense. I thought he was man of the match at Norwich as well and then got dropped...... Lets see.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ince and Holla gave us such a solid platform for that performance, they were both absolute rocks. Thank CHRIST JFC and Gardner were...errr......"ill". Perfect excuse for binning the most lightweight powderpuff midfield in the division, and we reaped the rewards.

Personally I'd have liked to see O'Grady on a LOT sooner to hold the ball up, as with CMS / Tex we had nobody there who could play with their back to goal. CoG was absolutely terrific in that last 10 minutes, he won every ball in the air and got a crucial assist for the 2nd goal, just gave us that physicality and presence around the box that we were lacking.

Presumably we've seen the last of Bent, so next game I'd have CMS and CoG starting up top. Ince and Holla its a no-brainer, they're in for keeps.

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Greg Halford was immense. Calm and showed his experience. Tex buzzed around to good effect too. Loving the people giving Ince the 'Come on YaYa, stuff.- on a slightly more controversial note I thought O Grady was more effective than CMS when he came on....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here