Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done NJ, but no this time round.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
No more guarantee of Pulis, Sherwood or anyone working out here.

It's infinitely preferable to fail in the same way other teams have failed, than to attempt anything novel or different.

Being wrong, the right way, is a far safer move than being right the wrong way.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Why? 4 points from 6? has got 25% of Sami's haul in two games? Its not what I would like, and I would agree that someone else may be needed, but it shouldn't be ruled out. He has a chance, and good for him, he will take it while it lasts

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Delighted for him personally.

Let's be honest, NO ONE actually knows how good or bad a number 2 is. You can't PHYSICALLY see the work he is doing.....yet despite this people felt they knew enough to COMPLETELY write off ANY potential he had as a manager.

Now, I'm not going to claim he is a managerial genius from 2 games as much as I wouldn't write him off after 2 games. However, I'm DELIGHTED that he has come in and at least proivded some CRUMB of factual evidence that he is not the useless lump some people seemed to have tainted him as based on literally nothing.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Well done boyo

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Good effort to steady the ship from NJ and will have put his name firmly in the frame. A nice conundrum for the Board to mull over.

However I'm not sure he should be the main man, just yet. Maybe continue as assistant to an experienced manager.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
FFS. One win. Does NOT mean Jones should be our next permanent manager. However, credit where credit is due to Nathan and the players for tonight.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Did he change the squad tonight, or would he have played JFC and Gardner if they had not been ill. So did he get lucky with illness or would he have not played JFC and Gardner, because that was the difference.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Well done NJ, but permanent manager, not sure.
Has he got the credentials for spotting a good new player, what are his contacts etc., will he be a Yes man?.
Need to ensure he has the full requirements but credit where credit due tonight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here