Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan Jones...Why not?

Reece182

May 18, 2011
Ok first I'm a long time reader very little poster on here. I know I'm going to get some abuse for this but why not give jones the job? He needs a decent number 2 yes, there are split opinions on the guy but he seems to get the best out of the players and we seem to be passionate again on the pitch. Surely that's what we need in our situation.

Sargey

Jan 27, 2006
Portslade
Ok first I'm a long time reader very little poster on here. I know I'm going to get some abuse for this but why not give jones the job? He needs a decent number 2 yes, there are split opinions on the guy but he seems to get the best out of the players and we seem to be passionate again on the pitch. Surely that's what we need in our situation.

I agree....

Rather him than Hughton....

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
because it look alike he's only going to get 1 or 2 points in 2 games against relegation rivals when a decent manager would get 3 or 4 points.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton

If you dont know why not , then , then , ow i cant be bothered :smokin:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Passionate maybe - but not effective - and that is the point.

I'm agnostic about NJ but I fail to see how you can judge him after 135 minutes of football when he's been in charge a week.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
The thing is, there are two different ways of looking at this.

What do we need? I imagine the general concensus is some experience, therefore meaning hiring Jones at this time would not be the most sensible choice to us.

However, for people to claim, as a FACT that he WOULD be useless is ridiculous. He has had 135 minutes as a manager in the championship.

Thing is, on here, people can't have sensible balanced reasoning. It needs to be difinitive statements based on NO factual evidence.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
You shouldn't get abused, shot down perhaps....
The new manager needs experience of this league, both surviving and getting out of it. Jones is not that guy, move on please..
This and see all the other posts about Jones. Why should our rivals have experienced managers (Malky, Holloway, Lennon, Chris Powell, Clarke) for the tough championship manager and we have Nathan jones and all of his shortcomings.

GM98

Sep 6, 2008
Shoreham
After Saturday's 2nd half, and a win tonight (given the way they are playing in the 1st half). We are playing the way we want them to. Oh no I am starting to come round to this idea. :lolol:

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
If we were mid table and not much to play for I would say give him to the end of the season but we are in a relegation scrap and we need experience to get us out of it. Now is not the time for experimenting

Fans have been too hard on Jonah in recent past that's true but it's simply not true we have played any better than Sami's games so far - this call for him to be manager is weird

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yep would rather have Jones than Hughton.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If we were mid table and not much to play for I would say give him to the end of the season but we are in a relegation scrap and we need experience to get us out of it. Now is not the time for experimenting

Not bad but if we were mid table now, the play offs would be a possibility. Would you trust NJ to get us there?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Having sacked Burke, the idea was obviously to have a manager who has more control over team affairs and transfers.

Could see Jones getting the job if Burke was still there but no way should he get it now. He'd be the most powerful Albion manager since pre Gus days.

Surely a more experienced manager is what is needed now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He may not have experience managing in the Championship, but he knows the league and the club well. We could do worse, in fact we have for most of this season imo. Maybe he needs a Nobby Horton type as assistant? I'm not totally anti NJ getting the job tbh

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here