Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton 1/7 on sky bet for next Brighton manager

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lord help us if this is true, the slide continues.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

A manager with Premier League experience and experience of winning the Championship. I have to tell you, you're probably wrong thinking he would continue our downward spiral. I would feel very comfortable with Chris Hughton as Brighton and Hove Albion manager.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Men ....IMHO. ...but give him a chance, did ok at Birmingham. Must be better than SH (possibly)

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
It's funny how many thought when Sami was appointed that we meant business, not many people at the time thought it was a poor choice. His management record was poor. Now Hughton is linked to the job and its a case of, it's the best we can do as if he is not a great choice. People need to look at his record in the championship. Before you say that he had the money and squad at Newcastle, he did not have it with Birmingham. Also plenty of other teams have come down and struggled in this league, last few years, QPR and West Ham needed the play offs to go up.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

I find the prospect of Hughton so unexciting. A lot seem to feel he'd be safe and that safety is all that matters right now but I don't think B&HA would be anywhere near the bottom had a half decent manager been in charge for the first half of this season.
I would go for Danny Murphy, completely inexperienced but experience is sometimes overrated, give him an old head to lean on if necessary. I believe Murphy could lead B&HA to The Premier League within a couple of years or so.

throbinson

Feb 18, 2009
Shropshire
I find the prospect of Hughton so unexciting. A lot seem to feel he'd be safe and that safety is all that matters right now but I don't think B&HA would be anywhere near the bottom had a half decent manager been in charge for the first half of this season.
I would go for Danny Murphy, completely inexperienced but experience is sometimes overrated, give him an old head to lean on if necessary. I believe Murphy could lead B&HA to The Premier League within a couple of years or so.

What planet have you just flown in from

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Hughton is by far my preferred candidate. His style of football suits the players we've got far more than Pulis and he knows the way out of this league in the right direction. Yes he'd get his own players in but we have to win games in January and that means possession football, unless anyone can add several inches to Colunga and Bladock. Not like that you mucky pups.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hughton is very decent. The one concern I have is he's a bit of a miserable bugger (a bit like Mark Hughes in that regard). I worry about miserablists, in case they are depressives. However, that aside, he has gravitas, experience as a winner, and is not a gobby dick or flagrant egotistical tosspot.

Anyway, as someone said in great detail on a related thread, the betting odds mean bugger all owing to the low traffic and the extreme sensitivity to individual big bets. Consider, there may be one or two folk who are now so confident that CH is the one they have just spilled their wedge on it . . .

I am confident it may or may not be CH. :xmas::xmas:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like Tony has lost his bollocks if he employs Hughton, obvious yes man hope it works out.

How on earth is he an obvious yes man? He will have to bring in players now Burke has gone and will still have many contacts in the game. The guy was on Goals on Sunday yesterday so still respected in the game. When was the last time they had Jones, Hyypia or Burke on?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
People who think Chris Hughton would be some sort of cheap or poor appointment must be the same sorts who think that we shouldn't go after Messi as he's past his best.

Deluded.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We are a team at the bottom of the Championship. Who on earth do you reckon we are going to attract ? Has Chris ever managed a team this low before ? Of course the answer is no. About time that many on here wake up and smell the coffee. He would be a very good appointment, that is if he is prepared to come here. He is better regarded than us right now. There is a need to realise where we are and if we get him we will be fortunate.

Of course he is no guarantee of results. No manager is. He does not make waves though and I believe him to be honourable. If we can appoint him he will be decent and one can say no more than that really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here