Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Halford in the dark about his Albion future [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
GREG Halford is in the dark over whether tonight’s visit to Fulham will be his last game for Albion.
The versatile 30-year-old’s loan spell from Nottingham Forest is due to end with the trip to Craven Cottage.
Relegation-threatened Albion will soon appoint a new manager. Halford, below, who has started the last three matches at centre-half, is uncertain about where his future lies.
He said: “I am under contract at Forest just until the summer. I really don’t know. I’m here until January 1st. Forest said I wasn’t allowed to play in the FA Cup game (Brentford away Jan 3).
“I’ve come to realise in football you never know what is going to happen next week or day to day, so I take everything in my stride and live each day. That’s the way you have got to be.
“I’m getting games here, that”s the main thing. I’ll go where ever I can get that.”
Halford was not involved in last month’s 2-1 home defeat by Fulham.
“It’s obviously going to be tough,” he said. “They’ve had an indifferent season. It would be nice to go back there and try and get one over them, because we owe them. It wasn’t long ago that they came here, so it’s fresh in the memory to try and get a result and keep on pushing for points.
“It’s about everyone sticking together, from the players and staff to the fans. As long as everyone does that we have good enough players here to be able to get out of the trouble we are in.”
The Fulham game also marks the end of the loan stints of Aston Villa duo Darrent Bent and Gary Gardner, and Norwich winger Elliott Bennett.
Bent is unlikely to face the club he served on loan in the Premier League last season after a groin injury forced him off in the first half of Albion”s 2-2 draw against Reading at the Amex on Boxing Day.
Bennett, meanwhile, is being linked with a return to Wolves where he began his career.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here