Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton 1-2 next Pulis 16-1 We have our manager I think!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is he any more of a favourite than Sherwood was at one point last time? Hyypia was long odds when he was appointed.

After the NSC comment I'm not surprised a lot of people have weighed in on him.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
Is he any more of a favourite than Sherwood was at one point last time? Hyypia was long odds when he was appointed.

1-3 now, don't think there was ever that much of a difference between favourite and second favourite?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Sherwood was as short as 1/4

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 08.46.03.png

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
How many people bet on managerial appointments?
My guess is so few that even small money causes large fluctuations.
It's about as meaningful as Stam "motormouth" Collymore trying to have people believe that he is privy to every detail discussed between Pulis and his agent.

Think I'll wait........hopefully won't be too long :(

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Judging by the impending PL activity I'd say that definately rules out a few ... Hughton wouldn't be in for any and could well be with us by end of day

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
How many people bet on managerial appointments?
My guess is so few that even small money causes large fluctuations.
It's about as meaningful as Stam "motormouth" Collymore trying to have people believe that he is privy to every detail discussed between Pulis and his agent.

Think I'll wait........hopefully won't be too long :(

Bookies still don't allow and set odds that far apart without reason. I work in the business. I'll have a bet with you if your so sure it's insignificant?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The bookies know no more than us. They are merely responding to the market. And places like NSC.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Bookies still don't allow and set odds that far apart without reason. I work in the business. I'll have a bet with you if your so sure it's insignificant?

Skybet still have Pulis at 4-1, Corals have Robinson at 5-1 and Pulis at 6-1, Sherwood at 8-1 and Keith Hill at 10-1. So it's nowhere near 16-1 for the rest of the field after Hughton.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Surely the Bookies are just responding to bets placed. If I distributed a couple of grand to a load of people to stick £20 each on Micky Adams he'd come sweeping up the table, wouldn't he?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Surely the Bookies are just responding to bets placed. If I distributed a couple of grand to a load of people to stick £20 each on Micky Adams he'd come sweeping up the table, wouldn't he?

A couple of grand would make his odds-on so convincing that Tony would probably sign him up!
Seriously. It really is a tiny market & the bookies offer it largely to drum up interest/views for their money-making core business and web sites.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A couple of grand would make his odds-on so convincing that Tony would probably sign him up!
Seriously. It really is a tiny market & the bookies offer it largely to drum up interest/views for their money-making core business and web sites.

It's nearly worth it .... I did say NEARLY!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not too impressed by Hughton's comment in the Argus article...

“Brighton have a wonderful structure and a wonderful stadium, new training facilities, and, of course, they are a side that have been very close to the play-offs in two previous seasons."

:wozza:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here