Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you be any less miserable in palace's position?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I wonder if Palace are any happier than us since getting promoted? Obviously relegation to the Championship is not as bad as going down to L1 but Palace's crapness this season is the only thing keeping my football mojo alive at the moment.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
No. I would expect to get thrashed in the Premiership. Being outclassed in the Championship (after two play-off seasons) was not part of the script - even with a new manager and new team.

Jul 7, 2003
We'd have had a season and a half in the top division for the first time in 30 years, the income from Sky would have helped offset some of the costs we have incurred and we would have three years of parachute payments to come if we can't get out of the bottom three in five months time.

Seems a lot better than our current situation.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. I would expect to get thrashed in the Premiership. Being outclassed in the Championship (after two play-off seasons) was not part of the script - even with a new manager and new team.

Big fat this. If we'd've got through the play offs last season and were promoted, then I would have pretty much expected us to be in a similar position to where Palace are now. Staying in The Championship however, I would have expected us to be top 10 at least again this season.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My step brother is employed by Palace. Nobody is happy over there.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Last season was incredible. This season has been average at best, but if we get a decent manager in we should be alright. Regardless of how our Premier League season is going, I don't think anyone would want to swap with you facing next season in League One...

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I wonder if Palace are any happier than us since getting promoted? Obviously relegation to the Championship is not as bad as going down to L1 but Palace's crapness this season is the only thing keeping my football mojo alive at the moment.

What do you think ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Forget the rivalries for a second, the 60 million isn't going to buy them a new stadium. That's what they need. The facilities there are shocking although admittedly I find the Amex somewhat soulless when the sexy football is removed.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Forget the rivalries for a second, the 60 million isn't going to buy them a new stadium. That's what they need. The facilities there are shocking although admittedly I find the Amex somewhat soulless when the sexy football is removed.

The takeover might help .

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Last season was incredible. This season has been average at best, but if we get a decent manager in we should be alright. Regardless of how our Premier League season is going, I don't think anyone would want to swap with you facing next season in League One...

Except those facing next season in league 2 or below.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

New stadium would be nice, but we're getting more bums on seats than you are at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Also, we've made an awful lot more than £60m. Our second season in the PL will earn us another £60m+, plus we're due parachute payments if we get relegated and don't bounce back. We're a lot more attractive as a takeover proposition now, which would help take the club to the next level.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'd be a lot more happy, in the current circumstances.

They are a lot closer to avoiding relegation than we are.

However, IF relegation wasn't an issue, I'd be much happier with where we are, with the stadium and the elite performance centre.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I think tony would be happier in our position :thumbsup:

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Oh here we go! Having a go at the stadium now! Did you want it to be like the Old Den, or the Dell or a larger version of the Withdean? moan moan moan moan!

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
New stadium would be nice, but we're getting more bums on seats than you are at the moment so it's not the end of the world.

Also, we've made an awful lot more than £60m. Our second season in the PL will earn us another £60m+, plus we're due parachute payments if we get relegated and don't bounce back. We're a lot more attractive as a takeover proposition now, which would help take the club to the next level.

That take over by that american billionaire has gone quiet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here