Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daily Mail Trolled

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
i would have thought a well read newspaper not checking the most basic of facts (UCAS deadline) would be of interest. What other bollocks have they printed in the past?

Massively embarrassing.

No hes right, its boring. Banging on about the mail to begin with was funny if a bit creepy but now? FFS what are you trying to achieve? Its like the standing dish at low IQ school.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
No hes right, its boring. Banging on about the mail to begin with was funny if a bit creepy but now? FFS what are you trying to achieve? Its like the standing dish at low IQ school.

Rubbish. I don't "go on" about The Mail, this isn't a story denouncing its political standpoint but its journalistic integrity. Worthy of assessment..

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Rubbish. I don't "go on" about The Mail, this isn't a story denouncing its political standpoint but its journalistic integrity. Worthy of assessment..

Yea like all the other papers just publish academic standard peer reviewed articles. You really are not fooling anyone. I get the idea that you are the type of person that if I got on a train and sat opposite you while stroking a copy of the DM like Im a Bond villain and its Bloefield's cat, and then thrashed you in some intellectual debate on some topic, then the next day you would be going about advocating death camps.

as Mark Twain said, Criticism without offering an alternative is just whining.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...sh-white-jihadi-story-hoax-twitter-user-claim

" if you wave ‘white English convert’ and ‘scary Muslims’ in the Daily Mail’s face, they’ll run it regardless of facts.”

:lolol:

If there's a paper that needs to be told to calm down it's the DM. I've been surprised in the past at finding out how many good, investigative stories they actually do - just a pity that these are utterly overshadowed the excrement they continue to seemingly gleefully publish. IMO.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Yea like all the other papers just publish academic standard peer reviewed articles. You really are not fooling anyone. I get the idea that you are the type of person that if I got on a train and sat opposite you while stroking a copy of the DM like Im a Bond villain and its Bloefield's cat, and then thrashed you in some intellectual debate on some topic, then the next day you would be going about advocating death camps.

as Mark Twain said, Criticism without offering an alternative is just whining.

Slight deviation there.

My "alternative" is to fact check, which could have been done very simply. It's actually quite a funny story really regardless of who got caught out.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Slight deviation there.

My "alternative" is to fact check, which could have been done very simply. It's actually quite a funny story really regardless of who got caught out.
Don't worry too much about it. The apologists are far more boring than someone pointing out the poor quality journalism that blights our society could ever be.

D

Deleted member 22389

I agree.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
To be fair, the Daily Mail should never be taken seriously by anyone, it is a truly despicable establishment and always has been, since it supported the Nazis.

It only serves to spread hate and fear through sensationalism, exaggeration and large misleading pictures.

Very concerning for humanity that it is the worlds most read "newspaper"

Now at least you know what it is like for the rest of us reading your posts -all of a sudden, exaggeration in others is wrong!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
The Daily Mail will make the type of exaggerations that are extremely harmful to society. Namely, but not limited to : any failings of the NHS, immigrants, the working classes, etc... but above all right now they want everyone to despise Muslims as much as they do.

It is a despicable hate rag, it should be banned given its history and considering the damage it causes culturally. It's like they want its readers to be as hateful, fearful and intolerant as it is.

All news papers make exaggerations, as they dramatise events to sell their paper -not justifying it at all, but that is life. Whether pointing out failings of the NHS is harmful to society is very debatable - it could be easily argued that this is of benefit, as it might lead to improvement, and what have you mentioned the working classes for - what have they said about them? Is this the usual tale of you throwing in a generalisation to lend a bit of credence to your ramblings?I thought that there is only one working class, by the way. And you have the gall to talk of exaggerations being harmful to society when I have read at least two posts from you talking about "meaningless jobs" .

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You're absolutely correct as in the class system isn't as clear-cut as that anymore. By "working class" I meant the poorest members of society. They love making examples of the few people on benefits who take the piss, as well as pointing out how we spend "so much" on welfare.

They do it every day - they're doing it right now http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kiing-Morris-Dancing-performing-X-Factor.html

They essentially want us to stop giving the most vulnerable members of society financial help.

Of course all newspapers sensationalise to some extent - but Daily mail is up there with the red tops. The main problem I have is that people read it genuinely thinking that it's a newspaper, despite it so obviously not offering a true insight into current affairs, with biases that are incredibly intolerant and extremely dangerous.

A very poor example, if I may say so. If you are a sick claimant and are caught jetskiing etc, then you are hardly the most vulnerable member of society -you have just jumped to that conclusion, as this is what you want to think.You may not know this, but benefit cheats really annoy the public, and should be exposed -for every thousand that these people swindle the state out of, some poor person really in need may go without.
Again, your arrogance comes out with the final para - all these thick people who cannot work out for themselves when there might be an element of bias. It "obviously" does not offer a true insight into current affairs - and you moan about generalisations!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I swear you pretend to be this obtuse to be argumentative - or at least I hope this is the case.

The DM runs countless stories every day which berates the things it hates, with the sole purpose of angering the public into hating those things too - whether it's the NHS, the poor, Muslims/foreigners, or whatever misery it wishes to bring on certain groups on that day.

Of course benefit cheats anger the public - but they are such a minority that it isn't even a problem - but the Daily Mail doesn't want its readership thinking that, they want you to think that our quality of lives are being destroyed benefits cheats - just like they do with the NHS and foreigners, they will seek out and spam its readers with negative stories, while completely ignoring anything positive or anything that might allow their readers to build any empathy with the poor and desperate.
It's worth learning about the journalists who make up The Daily Mail - they really are hateful, miserable people. It's not surprising that they want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

Quite frankly, my friend, I read your exaggerated ramblings and think of extremism. You talk of hate and whipping up the public and not building any empathy with the poor and needy etc etc. No one denies that the DM is right of centre, but at least there is an element of realism, unlike you, who thinks that benefit cheats are such a small issue that it is not even worth mentioning. I suspect that the figures involved do rather warrant mention.
I was wondering when the usual unsubstantiated generalisation would come along and the last para did not disappoint:Do you know the DM journalists -I assume you do not, and thus you could not possibly be in a position to utter such generalised remarks. Afterall one might conceivably same the same about you.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I swear you pretend to be this obtuse to be argumentative - or at least I hope this is the case.

The DM runs countless stories every day which berates the things it hates, with the sole purpose of angering the public into hating those things too - whether it's the NHS, the poor, Muslims/foreigners, or whatever misery it wishes to bring on certain groups on that day.

Of course benefit cheats anger the public - but they are such a minority that it isn't even a problem - but the Daily Mail doesn't want its readership thinking that, they want you to think that our quality of lives are being destroyed benefits cheats - just like they do with the NHS and foreigners, they will seek out and spam its readers with negative stories, while completely ignoring anything positive or anything that might allow their readers to build any empathy with the poor and desperate.

It's worth learning about the journalists who make up The Daily Mail - they really are hateful, miserable people. It's not surprising that they want everyone else to be as miserable as they are.

Try and read Littlejohns 2 x page spread over the weekend---fecking funny until you realise how this country has gone down the pan.
The Mail -----my paper of choice:thumbsup:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Perhaps you genuinely are that obtuse - so there really is no point debating with you, so I'll just leave you with some figures.

Benefit fraud costs us £1.2bn

The War on drugs costs us £3bn

Wars in Iraq & Afghanistan cost £34bn

Tax avoidance costs us £70bn

The richest 1,000 people in Britain increased their personal wealth by £69bn in just a year

It is not a question of being obtuse, my friend, just that I am pointing out your usual absurdities to back up what you are claiming. Of course, you don't like your generalisations being questioned, but if you insist on using information that is highly questionable and presenting it as fact, then this is what will happen. Just look at the highlighted figure - how can you give this as fact, when the whole point is that you can only go on the people who have been caught! Those who have been caught tend to be the tip of the iceberg.
You gave this rich list before and I asked you whether this included say oil-rich arabs choosing to base themselves in the UK and you did not reply, so I am assuming that this is deliberately misleading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here