Escaped from Corruption
Bournemouth's top league goal scorers this season

Callum Wilson
Brett Pitman
Marc Pugh
Matt Ritchie
Harry Arter
Yann Kermorgant

Its enough to make you cry isnt it? Oh just to have one midfielder or striker with that record let alone 6 of them. Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook playing in the PL next season??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Get a good manager, spend some money making sure you replace the players you sell with ones of equal quality and evolve the team rather than offload your best players every season. Ignoring FFP probably helps as well though.

It won't last longer than this season but what great ride they are on

Better than us under Poyet both in style and goals so far this season.

*jealous*

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
They play with a lot of freedom and almost have the mentality of we will score more than you. They have a decent defence as well so they don t let to many in. Best of luck to them. They have been very good so far and at the moment deserve to be top. Long way to go still

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Get a good manager, spend some money making sure you replace the players you sell with ones of equal quality and evolve the team rather than offload your best players every season. Ignoring FFP probably helps as well though.

I thought they passed FFP? Are they still in the mix when the full results are published?

I find myself mightily jealous of them but fair play to one of the smallest clubs in this division for doing so well. can you imagine the effect promotion to the PL would have on them?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yet one of our better performances this season was at Dean Court.
On another day that could have been 3 points.

The story of the season, so far.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

*jealous*
Yep
Our style of play is a big issue and needs to change :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Bournemouth's top league goal scorers this season

Callum Wilson
Brett Pitman
Marc Pugh
Matt Ritchie
Harry Arter
Yann Kermorgant

Its enough to make you cry isnt it? Oh just to have one midfielder or striker with that record let alone 6 of them. Tommy Elphick and Steve Cook playing in the PL next season??

6, yes count them, 6 players who've scored more than our top scorer, who is a center back. :down:

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011

*jealous*

We didn't ignore FFP, we kept to it and 'passed' it completely... Almost everything else you mention is 100% spot on, and is the key to our success... Eddie Howe bought most of our current first XI when we were in Lg 1, 3 seasons ago... He has bonded them into what we see now, week in week out... The only 2 additions are Boruc and Wilson (Surman was on loan to us in lg 1)...

We have not bought our way to the top, we have developed a close-knit side that want to play for Eddie Howe and are the best passing side outside the Prem Lg (and I bet we'd give the bottom few in the Prem a good game also)... Lets not forget, the Burnley we see now is largely Eddie's purchases and team that he was 'developing'...

The only other thing I would question is why you think it wouldn't last longer than this season...??? 'IF' we got promoted, we would invest in a few more players and hopefully develop the ones we have, in the same way Eddie has turned them from Lg 1 to top Championship players... If we got relegated, we would bring in shedloads of cash and hopefully build for a better future...

My one worry is as Scooter1 says, if we don't make it... will we get picked off for some of our players... Whist many of us recognise that we are not ready for Prem football (infrastructure etc. etc.) this could be our one shot... We have several of our players rumoured to be watched already, for the Jan window... I have every faith that w'll hold onto everyone, to see if we can achieve promotion... But failure could result in these players being prized away for big money moves...

However, in saying this, Eddie has managed to replace like for almost better so far... so I trust him to continue to do this...

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Bournemouth and/or Brentford getting Premier League payments then possibly parachute payments would be game changing for both of them.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
J
Yep

Yet apparently both are earning more than they would have here on crowds of 10,000. Hmmmm, and it makes you wonder.......

Well they've been very lucky on the injury front so far this season, a few key injuries might expose the depth of their squad and see them lose a few games. I'd be happy to see them replace Palace in the Prem although how they would sustain PL football on gates of 10000 and with a low overall fanbase and no global identity is anyones guess. I know a few small clubs have managed to do it for a few seasons, most notably Wigan (with much larger attendances than Bournemouth) but You can't maintain PL football on the Sky Money alone, I think they would really struggle and they would need to be careful they didnt start chasing the dream and spending money on stadium expansion and players etc before the inevitable relegation and being left with a half empty stadium and all the best players gone. i'm sure most Bournemouth fans couldn't care less about all of that right now but as I've said before, the best bit about the Premier League is the journey there, the reality once you have arrived is pretty miserable for teams like Bournemouth and Brighton.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
A thumbs down from the board's Bournemouth troll. You were funny once but don't push it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We had better centre backs than Elphick and Cook when they left. Now we don't.
I always thought Cook could be pretty good but Tommy has surprised me especially after that bad injury.
If Bournemouth go up they'll probably replace them with better and so it goes on.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Their ambition is higher than ours. This was evident while we gave Sami "time" which was the most ludicrous decision since Hitler decided to invade Russia in winter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here