Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Smelliest Cheese of christmas?

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Mine was some delicious Port Salut wrapped in paper, with the most disgusting smelling rind in the history of cheese, and I accidentally ate some of it :sick:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Was disappointed with my cheeses this year, the fact my port salut was he smelliest tells me I picked some poor cheese.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Best cheese I've had this year was some Dolcelatte I got from the reduced counter at Tesco, it was just at the point where you could almost pour it onto the crusty bread.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Mine was some delicious Port Salut wrapped in paper, with the most disgusting smelling rind in the history of cheese, and I accidentally ate some of it :sick:

This:). (Apart from eating the rind)

My Mrs bought some of this cheese and we thought something had gone off in the fridge, one of my sons keeps moaning at her .

We have had Port Salut before and it's never smelt like this.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
This:). (Apart from eating the rind)

My Mrs bought some of this cheese and we thought something had gone off in the fridge, one of my sons keeps moaning at her .

We have had Port Salut before and it's never smelt like this.

was it round instead of just a slice??? if so then yeah, it's nice but the rind ****ing stinks, and tastes like the smell :sick:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
was it round instead of just a slice??? if so then yeah, it's nice but the rind ****ing stinks, and tastes like the smell :sick:

Yes it's round, I let my Mrs sample this cheese as she bought it, I have avoided it.
The kitchen smells disgusting for about five minutes everytime someone opens the fridge.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
I only bought local cheeses this year and alas none of them were that smelly on the way in. On their exit however.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
image94.jpeg

This cheese is especially known for its pungent odor caused by the bacteria Brevibacterium linens, which is partially responsible for body odor and particularly smelly feet

Last edited:

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Ami de Chambertin. Steeped in brandy with a vivid orange rind. Looks like a cowpat on acid once allowed to sit at room temperature. The smell of hades to some but tastes divine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here