Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't be surprised if Forest join the hunt for a new manager tonight....

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Yep, could be us, Forest, Palace, West Brom etc. all fighting over the pool of available/prospective managers come final whistles today.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I rate Cotterill and a lesser extent Donaldson as good buys by Birmingham, but other supporters (Forest) have grief as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I wood not take that job.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be surprised if Forest join the hunt for a new manager tonight....
That's the negative way to look at it. On the positive side, Stuart Pearce will be available!

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Pearce was a disaster waiting to happen but a new manager can't DIP into the transfer market with Forest in January

Which makes them a very unattractive proposition at the moment.

pacebos

Oct 1, 2013
Depends what sort of manager you are. If you're the kind that needs to spend money, you're screwed. If, however, you're a good coach and man manager, the Forest job is ideal.

Personally I'd like the latter at Albion, someone to work with the squad we've got and build a team work ethic and style of play that enables us to bring youngsters up through the ranks.

Too many managers come into a new job and blow a load of cash on players, create a shitstorm and then whinge when results don't turn and start blaming the lack of time for new players to "bed in".......excuses excuses.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Vincent Tan might be wanting one at Cardiff too, dont fancy Russell Slade's chances of being in charge in the New Year

Last edited:

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sad thing is we'll get the scraps as the club always take forever to appoint :(
Took Reading 24 hours to appoint a new manager. Not that i was Clarke here. The club should nail Pulis/Sherwood Hughton down now. Probably end up with Mowbray

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Took Reading 24 hours to appoint a new manager. Not that i was Clarke here. The club should nail Pulis/Sherwood Hughton down now. Probably end up with Mowbray

The problem is that those managers might be hanging on for one of the better options than us. If you were Pulis would you sign for us if there was a chance of West Brom or Forest or maybe Hull?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The problem is that those managers might be hanging on for one of the better options than us. If you were Pulis would you sign for us if there was a chance of West Brom or Forest or maybe Hull?

Pulis may enjoy a long drawn out negotiated appointment! If so he'll love the speed of an Albion appointment and the fact that his new players will be signed 10 mins before the January window closes, after everyone else has had their pick. Plum job apparently.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

I'm sure that Reading had informally offered him the job before they'd sacked Nadkins. The fact that we didn't have anyone to replace Hyppia within a day or two of him leaving was probably the only thing keeping him from being sacked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here