Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you ever reapplied for a job you didn't get 6 months previous?

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I appreciate the world of soccerball is so far removed from the real world.

Nevertheless it still seems odd to return for a job you've already been told you're not the right person for, especially when very little has change and if anything the job is worse now than it was before.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes. I was put in for my current job by 2 different recruitment agents before I got it through a 3rd agent.

I even told that agent he was wasting his time as there was clearly something on my CV they didn't like, but that he could try anyway if he wanted. And I got the job.

Last edited:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Steve Coppell was interviewed for the Brighton job in the close season after Peter Taylor left but didn't get the job because he gave a bad interview performance, not helped by being jet-lagged after having just returned from Thailand. So instead, Dick Knight appointed Martin Hinshelwood only to then return to Coppell after Hinshelwood had accrued 4 points by mid-October. So I'd imagine this would be far from an isolated example.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I applied for a job and was told i was not sucessful,i left it at that and was unemployed for 3 months,then out of the blue the job i applied for 3 months earlier told me i could have the job,thing is i just wanted any old job having lost my previous employment and stuck at it for 6 months and then a golden opportunity came up.

I told my employer and he offered me a substantial 5k per year more,i said i could not accept as i could earn an extra 5k on top of his offer.

The employer said i was the best they had in 8 years and he was fair to me and let me serve only 2 weeks of my month as they had found a replacement,i left on the best of terms as i always do and have never looked back.

Moral of the story is if you want the best go get them and pay them properly too.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Steve Coppell was interviewed for the Brighton job in the close season after Peter Taylor left but didn't get the job because he gave a bad interview performance, not helped by being jet-lagged after having just returned from Thailand. So instead, Dick Knight appointed Martin Hinshelwood only to then return to Coppell after Hinshelwood had accrued 4 points by mid-October. So I'd imagine this would be far from an isolated example.
That's my point, it wouldn't surprise me if this was standard practice in football.

I was just wondering if anybody 'normal' had ever sat in front of a recruitment panel who just 6 months early had told you to naff off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here