Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to be Hughton isn't it...

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Decent record in the Championship, out of work, would be interested in the job. Unless Bloom takes a massive risk... lets get him in ASAP to assess the squad and get behind him. :clap::clap:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Maybe a twist to come yet...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
to be honest there could be worse appointments. my biggest reservation though with CH is that perhaps he is not the most charismatic person around, and when you are backs to the wall in facing a relegation scrap that's an attribute that will win you some points I guess

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
He has always been my number one choice.
Even back in the summer.

(fully expect this thread to be dragged up when he joins and fails to avoid relegation)

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Decent record in the Championship, out of work, would be interested in the job. Unless Bloom takes a massive risk... lets get him in ASAP to assess the squad and get behind him. :clap::clap:

What have you seen to substantiate this ?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I just remember his brother Henry's horrific challenge on Gerry Ryan - career ending and crippling.... Guess I need to get over it, but I can't.......!!

Forgot about that

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2005
Is personally be a little disappointed with that. Nice guy, but doesn't bring the passion I'd like see from a Brighton manager.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Why are people obsessed with "passion"? Tactical acumen and organisation are the biggest factors in a manager getting a team out of relegation trouble. I mean, Stuart Pearce is meant to be "passionate", but for all his world class gurning and waving his arms around, Nottingham Forest aren't pulling up any trees right now, are they?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
To be honest, looking at our team, what we really need first and foremost is to get back to the days of being uber-tight at the back, which is what Hughton would bring. If we start winning dull, dull, dull matches 1-0, I'll live.

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
Don't think we'll be left with much choice, tbh, with other,more attractive vacancies on the horizon. Still a good choice though, I trust Tony to pick the right option this time, whoever that may be.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Would be very happy with Hughton in charge. Sign a decent striker and we'll be fine

He would possibly sign EB and play him wide to provide the crosses for said striker. We need somebody of the BZ mould who can hold the ball up and score goals himself. Not sure that it would be BZ as he appears to be in QPRs immediate plans.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be honest, looking at our team, what we really need first and foremost is to get back to the days of being uber-tight at the back, which is what Hughton would bring. If we start winning dull, dull, dull matches 1-0, I'll live.
If that were the case, I'd rather Tony grovelled his way back to Oscar, or Upson. (depending what you believe)
At least he knew what he was doing and who knows might have livened it up with his squad.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I go with that 15 wins 1-0 this season then 30 next will see us in The Premier. First things first got to keep a number of clean sheets immediately.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hughton would be an excellent choice.

And there are other great candidates, so not too worried about this appointment.

Good luck to Jones for Fulham, look forward to his successor being in charge after that.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here