Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Day 6 and still no replacement manager

Premiership Dream

Nov 16, 2011
Here we go again ....why is our club the only club that just can not get things sorted quickly.

We must of known Sami was going so why do we have to make a drama about replacing him

Pulis is the man lets go get him!!!!.....IMO we have squad that can easily get to mid table if we keep Bent, it just needs a manager that can motivate them and make sure our final ball delivery is better as we have strikers that are proven and can score, so we don't need to buy players in this window spend the funds on a bonus for Pulis if he keeps us up.....then allow him massive budget in the summer!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
1) Tony Bloom was in Australia when Sami resigned.
2) Christmas.
3) Surely it's better to take a bit of time to get the right man rather than panicking and appointing the first person they can find?
4) You appear to be the only one making a drama of it at this stage.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Here we go again ....why is our club the only club that just can not get things sorted quickly.

We must of known Sami was going so why do we have to make a drama about replacing him

Pulis is the man lets go get him!!!!.....IMO we have squad that can easily get to mid table if we keep Bent, it just needs a manager that can motivate them and make sure our final ball delivery is better as we have strikers that are proven and can score, so we don't need to buy players in this window spend the funds on a bonus for Pulis if he keeps us up.....then allow him massive budget in the summer!

Jesus Christ! It's not a 'Tea Lady' (or man) :) that we are seeking. Do we want to get it wrong AGAIN?

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Have to agree, we took a long time in the summer and still got it wrong. We also took our time with the transfers and look where our summer signings have got us. Football is fast paced, but then look where our slow paced football has got us. While we are taking our time, managers will lose their jobs over the next few days, premier ship managers and we may not get our first choice and will lend up with second best and in league 1. Bolton replaced their manager quickly and he got a couple of players in and Heskey scored Friday, we need to move quicker.

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's probably a French air traffic controllers strike stopping Fred Hantz from taking his rightful place as future Albion great.

whilst I agree that we need someone as soon as possible and the suits have said the same they also know that the last appointment was a mistake and and the pressure is on to get it right....however I cant help thinking that a couple more games and see how NJ does to see if they can stick with him and save money will be the best option at the moment.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
I have heard from a totally unimpeachable source that PB has persuaded TB to dispense with all managerial and coaching staff to ensure the club is FFP compliant. Neither Hyypia nor Burke will be replaced and Nathan has been told that if he wants to stay he will have to re-register as a player.

For each game a lucky NSC poster will be allowed to be manager for a day, at a cost of £5000.

What could possibly go wrong.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Maybe there's a tv programme out there in which all recently unemployed managers have to move into a house together and subtly battle it out for available roles. We could watch the interviews, the bathing togethers and the massive bitch-fights between the likes of Sherwood and Rosler, one ending up hairless and slightly in love. It could be a good mix between Big Brother and The Apprentice and Hollyoaks.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Jones was always going to be in charge for reading and fulham . Then we have a cup game we frankly don't need and is a bonus . So for me the deadline would be 6th jan . Give the new man a week with the players before charlton away . No dramas

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Have to agree, we took a long time in the summer and still got it wrong. We also took our time with the transfers and look where our summer signings have got us. Football is fast paced, but then look where our slow paced football has got us. While we are taking our time, managers will lose their jobs over the next few days, premier ship managers and we may not get our first choice and will lend up with second best and in league 1. Bolton replaced their manager quickly and he got a couple of players in and Heskey scored Friday, we need to move quicker.

Best wait a while...sounds like a few more managers may be available..

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Jones was always going to be in charge for reading and fulham . Then we have a cup game we frankly don't need and is a bonus . So for me the deadline would be 6th jan . Give the new man a week with the players before charlton away . No dramas

6 days after the window opens and no Burke, we will be behind when it comes to getting players in. I would also expect several more jobs to be available by then. I would want a new manager before the 1st.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
6 days after the window opens and no Burke, we will be behind when it comes to getting players in. I would also expect several more jobs to be available by then. I would want a new manager before the 1st.

I would think any club thinking about making a change will also have done it by the 1st

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here