Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What was it with the "men in black" stewards in the west stand?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Saw them in the 1901 tier. Were they anywhere else. It was a bit odd. They came down to the front of the tier with a few minutes to go in each half and stood there in people's way. What was that all about? I assume they weren't anywhere else?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Could see them in the north stand concourse.... Looked more like the security you get on doors at bars/clubs

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
If it was first half then I guess it was Harty's staff looking for him as someone had reported the death of Nathan Jones' managerial hopes.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
No doubt another hark back to the war years when the suits resorted to this kind of tactic that only widens the disconnect between club and supporters. I know what...when everyone is calling for stewarding to be reigned in..lets crank it up... Thanks Paul Bell.. err Barber

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Saw them in the 1901 tier. Were they anywhere else. It was a bit odd. They came down to the front of the tier with a few minutes to go in each half and stood there in people's way. What was that all about? I assume they weren't anywhere else?

They weren't stuards. What happened was one of the 1901 members got ubducted by the grey aliens. Its quite commen for the men in black to turn up after such an event.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Enemies of the current regime are going to be whisked off to Amex suite 101 at half time and forced to watch 'Glenn Murray's Greatest Palace Goals' on repeat, their eyes wired open Clockwork Orange-style.

D

Deleted User X18H

I asked what the one in my block was there for . He said he had been assigned to ensure crowd safety. Probably to stop any abusive language . Oh and apparently 'converse boots' are acceptable in the 1901 lounges. Red Converse boots in this case

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Yeah but the jokes on them......as I have my foil hat on, my bodies smeared in peanut butter and shrouded in clingfilm so they wont get me!

Hmmmmm. Could be some truth in that statement!!!!:laugh:

images-1.jpeg

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apparently coins and coffee cups and lids were thrown from the West Upper in the direction of the directors at the Millwall game.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Apparently coins and coffee cups and lids were thrown from the West Upper in the direction of the directors at the Millwall game.

Coins you say? I've never known Paul Barbet complain when trying to get money from fans before.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

That would fit what I was told by the "shady black-suited security man" manning my aisle: "we've been warned that there might be some trouble again from the tier above". Note the "again"....

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
They weren't stuards. What happened was one of the 1901 members got ubducted by the grey aliens. Its quite commen for the men in black to turn up after such an event.

What school did you go to?!?!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
The club need to be careful with things like this or I can forsee one or two "nasty little incidents"
involving stewards and or these so called MIB's being lozzed over one of the balconies or set upon by annoyed fans oh sorry "customers"
Its happened before.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
I think they are highly trained stewarding special forces, one of their tasks is as a quick reaction snatch squad. One of them, Tariq, has previous experience in high risk wheel clamping and once served in the city of Westminsters elite towaway squad, he was involved in the heroic double yellow line incursion near Tower Bridge in 2009 and single handedly wound up several dozen car owners with his unique interpretation of primary communication skills.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here