Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fox hunting

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
cruel sport. Should be totally outlawed.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Nothing wrong with it, Blair banned it to irk the 'Tory Toffs' and pander to the Guardian and the rent a mob brigade, Can't see an issue in bringing it back

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Cruel and barbaric. Don't understand why toffs enjoy it.

Last edited:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The only way Cameron will get fox hunting back will be through compromise. The obvious trade-off would be to introduce an open season on toffs coinciding with the fox hunting season. Put simply, toffs chase foxes with horses and dogs whilst I chase toffs with hummer humvee with mounted M240 machine gun. Happy days.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have never understood how two evenly matched dogs tearing each other apart for humans to enjoy, is quite rightly, judged to be barbaric, but 30-50 dogs hunting down an exhausted animal, before tearing iit apart for human enjoyment is deemed to be a sport

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Never been involved or know anyone that has been involved in it, not my cup of tea.

The problem is that you cannot genuinely be for this remaining outlawed without then wishing to impose your own animal welfare interpretation on the many other things way beyond fox hunting.

So at least offer a genuine wider view on what else you would like to ban, usually people that support banning things tend to then keep going until we are all stripped down to their own 'world view' and others are quickly condemns if they then do not wish to comply.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Never been involved or know anyone that has been involved in it, not my cup of tea.

The problem is that you cannot genuinely be for this remaining outlawed without then wishing to impose your own animal welfare interpretation on the many other things way beyond fox hunting.

So at least offer a genuine wider view on what else you would like to ban, usually people that support banning things tend to then keep going until we are all stripped down to their own 'world view' and others are quickly condemns if they then do not wish to comply.

Weird post. So you wouldn't ban anything then, I guess?..

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
The idea of an animal being ripped apart by a pack of dogs is awful but.....

We do need to do something to control the Fox population. Whether it's just my imagination or it is a fact but I see so many foxes around nowadays and they seem to be getting bolder and bolder.

I'd like a cull on Seagulls as well.

I'm a complete B*****d really aren't I.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India

How about supporting the move to ban all forms of needless animal cruelty. It's pretty simple, if and you need to cull a wild animal - do it humanely.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
cruel sport. Should be totally outlawed.

Absolutely, and the laws enforced. Pictures of toffs in red coats riding about the countyside were all very well for Dickensian Britain, not for today. I would like to give the foxes an even chance and have the riders ripped apart.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Weird post. So you wouldn't ban anything then, I guess?..

Thats clearly is not what I said, it was in the context of fox hunting.

It might help if you could let everyone know what else you would wish to ban, or is it just the pursuits of those toff's that you wish to impose your view on ?

Ugly trait.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We do need to do something to control the Fox population. Whether it's just my imagination or it is a fact but I see so many foxes around nowadays and they seem to be getting bolder and bolder.

Personally I always find it a bit magical to see a fox at close quarters, especially a bold one.

Find it odd there's also an annual badger cull. The only badger I ever saw except for on TV was lying dead at the side of a road, tragic victim of a badger-vehicle collision. Nowhere near Falmer, I hasten to add.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The idea of an animal being ripped apart by a pack of dogs is awful but.....

We do need to do something to control the Fox population

That may be the case, but there must be hundreds of thousands of foxes. A hundred or so per year sent to an early grave at the hands of a bunch of public schoolboys & their chums is going to make bugger all difference to that.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
How about supporting the move to ban all forms of needless animal cruelty. It's pretty simple, if and you need to cull a wild animal - do it humanely.

Define 'needless', they was a cull of badgers recently some deemed it needless others thought it critical.

No doubt you would want to be the person that defines what to ban and what to ignore, that doesnt really move things on much.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here